Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SGC Holders

I bought my first SGC card and got it today in the mail. I know its not the greatest card but I thought it was pretty cool being made out of leather, plus it only cost me $7.95 delivered. I must say, I really like the holders they use. They holder itself is a nice simple design and the black insert to hold the cards from moving around really compliments the cards. I like PSA holers to, but wish something would be done about the card being able to bounce all over inside the holder.

Matt

Comments

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I have seen a couple of cases where cards (usually very thin cards) have gone under between the plastic and gasket.

Maybe its because i am used to it ..but i prefer the simple utilitarian look of the PSA holder. Its plain...the card is what i bought not the plastic.

and i never cared for green...
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    I would be concerned about that Terry Glenn card being trimmed or altered because it's in a SGC holder. SGC, GAI and BGS are all known for grading trimmed cards. I heard as high as 75% of all cards graded by the other so-called professional grading companies are altered or counterfeit. That's why I make mine PSA! image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    DABigHurt comments are always great aren't they!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would be concerned about that Terry Glenn card being trimmed or altered because it's in a SGC holder. SGC, GAI and BGS are all known for grading trimmed cards. I heard as high as 75% of all cards graded by the other so-called professional grading companies are altered or counterfeit. That's why I make mine PSA! image >>

DaBig
    That's a bit high even for a PSA apologist.

Happy New Year
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Matt did tiy submit that? or did you get it via ebay?

in any event nice card.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Matt did tiy submit that? or did you get it via ebay?

in any event nice card.

Steve >>

Steve, I got it off Ebay. I was suprised I was the only bidder at $4.95.

Matt
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    I got quite a few cards graded from them when they had there SET REGISTRY SPECIAL....

4 dollar for a modern card
    5 dollar for a vintage card... ANY CARD

I was VERY happy with the grades I got.
  • Options
    dabighurt - you know, sometimes your PSA rhetoric is downright funny and just flat out makes me laugh...

and then sometimes, you are so way off base that the crack induced stupor you must be in makes you look like a fool.

Thank you for the variety.
  • Options
    Hurt,
    Do you think PSA ever graded a trimmed card????
    I love candy cards
  • Options

<< <i>I would be concerned about that Terry Glenn card being trimmed or altered because it's in a SGC holder. SGC, GAI and BGS are all known for grading trimmed cards. I heard as high as 75% of all cards graded by the other so-called professional grading companies are altered or counterfeit. That's why I make mine PSA! image >>

Classy as always!!!

• Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT, STOP SPREADING ALL THESE LIES, YOU SHOULD BE CALLED - DA BIG DOPE
  • Options

<< <i>

YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT, STOP SPREADING ALL THESE LIES, YOU SHOULD BE CALLED - DA BIG DOPE >>

Be nice Chaz, you don't like it when people aren't seeing your POV. Don't ya know a sprinkle of irony when you see it?

Happy New Year
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL??? Is this a joke that we are missing? Is this really Joe Orlando promoting his service?image
  • Options

<< <i>

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL??? Is this a joke that we are missing? Is this really Joe Orlando promoting his service?image >>

nova
    It's a combination of truth and parody - and don't forget to fasten your seat belt - the ride gets bumpy every once in a while!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hurt,
    Do you think PSA ever graded a trimmed card???? >>

Honus who?
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT, STOP SPREADING ALL THESE LIES, YOU SHOULD BE CALLED - DA BIG DOPE >>

Be nice Chaz, you don't like it when people aren't seeing your POV. Don't ya know a sprinkle of irony when you see it?

Happy New Year
    mike >>

Happy New Year to you too but man, he is tough to take. I know I am "no walk in the park" but at least I try to keep it real. Seems like he never got over all those drugs in the 60's and 70's. chaz
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Happy New Year
    mike >>

Happy New Year to you too but man, he is tough to take. I know I am "no walk in the park" but at least I try to keep it real. Seems like he never got over all those drugs in the 60's and 70's. chaz >>

Mike