Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SGC PSA 61 fleer basketball

Is it possible that SGC is tougher grading these than PSA? Anyone have experience with this. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jad - my entire collection is in SGC slabs but I dont have 61 Fleers so I can't tell you if they are tougher. I can say that the grading scales are designed differently so there may be some differences along the scale, depending on the particular card in question.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    I have a completed 61-62 Fleer set in PSA holders that I originally started out with cards from various companies. In my experience SGC is more lenient on the centering on THESE CARDS. I have crossed about 5 or 6 SGC 86's that all came back as PSA 8 OC's or PSA 6's. I submitted each of these cards to PSA twice before I decided to sell them and both times they came back with the same grades. As for who is tougher, not certain of that. There are far more cards in PSA holders for this set and there are far more PSA sets registered.

If you have a top notch card that is OC top to bottom I would send it to SGC because PSA 8 OC's are difficult to sell.