Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Any 1967 Topps FB guys?

I was thinking of going this rout because for some reason this set appeals to me. There is hardly ever any talk about this set. Are there any here who collect it?
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    I am 3 cards away from a psa 8 or better set.
    The tough card there is Speedy Duncan-#131--last time I checked a pop 3 in psa 8. Fuzzdude, Wolfbear and Couldabeena are on the boards--all collect it and all are knowledgeable about it. Also Art-Skinsfan who I think sold his set to the Evil Empire knows the set well.

Jim
  • Options
    This is one of the most colorful sets around and one of my personal favorites. It's not a big set for rookies but it has plenty of HOF'ers in it. Jim is right, the Speedy Duncan is extremely difficult. It it notoriously off center. I also find the checklist at the end of the set to be tough to find as well. The other tougher cards are Babe Parelli, Ode Burrell, Larry Todd, Ron Mix, Tom Day and Paul Lowe. The last two Mix cards sold for over $200 (PSA 8) on Ebay. It's a very doable set and you can probably sprinkle in a few 9's at affordable prices. I have several dupes. If you are interested, you can email me at drivard@optonline.net.

Enjoy,
    Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Doug,

I sent you an e-mail.

Jim
  • Options
    zef- the 67 is a beautiful set. Not one I'm working on (just started a 67 Philly set though), but nonetheless awesome.

There is a gorgeous completed set on the SGC registry that you should check out if you like seeing pics.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Wow! There are so many great sets on the PSA registry for this set. 9 sets are over 95% complete and 12 sets are over 60% complete. You should have no problem completing this set except probably for the cards that have been mentioned. Good luck with your set!
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There is a gorgeous completed set on the SGC registry that you should check out of you like seeing pics. >>

Or here: http://www.footballcardgallery.com/set/1967+Topps/
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I think I am going to go for it. I am pissed because I sold a pretty solid Namath about a year ago. I think centering was borderline 8 but the corners were real sharp.

I actually have a Day that is for sure a 7 and on a good day an 8?

I would be more than happy to take some of your 8 doubles off your hands if any of you have them.

Thanks,

Jordan
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Zef-
    I can only speak with experience on the Chargers in this set (currently #1 67' Charger Team Set). As mentioned before, the Mix and Lowe are tough 8's to find but they will come around if your patient. The Mix has been a tear lately, consistantly going for $200+ on ebay the last few times it came up. The hardest is the Duncan. I've spent endless hours looking for a raw 8 but have only managed to get 7's from PSA so far. The Duncan is almost always off-center.
    As far as sets go from that era, the 67' is my favorite. The design just screams psychedelia...image

If you have any upgrades I could use in exchange for other useable 8's let me know. I have some good trade stock in 67 Chargers.
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIGH GRADE VINTAGE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS, ESPECIALLY OL' LANCE!!!
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I just found a Mix while going through some stuff. I know I have a Wahoo McDaniel I was trying to find and stumbled upon this Mix. I think it may have a shot at an 8 but was wondering what you guys thought? Do you think it has a shot?

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    The Mix seems like a candidate for an 8. While a scan never does a card justice, yours appears to have decent centering, color and corners (soft lower left?). Considering how much Mix 8's are pulling lately it's worth the grading fee to take the chance.
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIGH GRADE VINTAGE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS, ESPECIALLY OL' LANCE!!!
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Love this set!

Still have my complete set collected in 1967. Have the Philly set too.

Most are NMT/MT, but not worth the money to me to get them all encapsulated.
    Capecards