Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone ever seen a 1979 Topps Willie Upshaw PSA 9 or 10?

Hi everyone,

I've undertaken a quest that fits into my budget (meaning that I have little disposable cash). I'm attempting to collect a PSA 9 or 10 rookie from every player on the 1985 Blue Jays roster. I monitor eBay religiously, but has anyone ever seen a PSA 9 or 10 of any of the following:

1970 Topps Buck Martinez
1972 Topps Doyle Alexander
1979 Topps Willie Upshaw
1981 Topps Damaso Garcia
1981 Topps Lloyd Moseby
1982 Topps Jesse Barfield
1984 Donruss Tom Henke

I'm trying to find the "big" names before I start looking for the Manny Lees and Lou Thorntons etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Oh oh - the pop report says there's only 4 9's and -0- 10's for Upshaw. Might be tough...
    << image >>
  • Options
    FYSFYS Posts: 194

<< <i>

I'm trying to find the "big" names before I start looking for the Manny Lees and Lou Thorntons etc.

Thanks. >>

Actually, the bigger names, if you want to call them that, will be easier to find. May be a good bet to go for the abscure ones first. Your best best is to place a search function on eBay to notify you when these cards come up. Otherwise, call 4SC or DSL and tell them what you are looking for. You could also go to the registry and e-mail the top couple people doing each set and ask them if they have extras/keep an eye out for you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips guys. I have a number of the "big" names in PSA 9 - Stieb rookie, Bell rookie, Fernandez rookie. I was bidding on a Jim Clancy 1978 Topps PSA 10 rookie on eBay and dropped out once the bidding got over $40. In hindsight, maybe I should have kept bidding.

Two of the more expensive cards are likely going to the Ernie Whitt rookie (part of the 1978 Topps Dale Murphy card) and the Al Oliver rookie.

Anyone know what an Al Oliver rookie in PSA 9 or 10 usually sells for?