Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just curious why psa has customer service

Please press 1 followed by the # sign for--" Your cards are in the process of being graded"

Please press 2 followed by the # sign for--" Your order was placed on the problem shelf. No one has contacted you?"

Please press 3 followed by the # sign for--" We are currently looking for your cards, but we can't find them right now,. Please check back later."

Please press 4 followed by the # sign for--" Your cards are in the sealing process and will then go into the final staging"

They could save a ton of money with payroll by simply adding these as taped messages

Comments

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a bit of disgruntleture; sorry you're having problems - I hate when that happens.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    huh? just press "0"..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    FYSFYS Posts: 194

<< <i>Please press 1 followed by the # sign for--" Your cards are in the process of being graded"

Please press 2 followed by the # sign for--" Your order was placed on the problem shelf. No one has contacted you?"

Please press 3 followed by the # sign for--" We are currently looking for your cards, but we can't find them right now,. Please check back later."

Please press 4 followed by the # sign for--" Your cards are in the sealing process and will then go into the final staging"

They could save a ton of money with payroll by simply adding these as taped messages >>

You forgot the most important button:

Please press 5 followed by the # sign for -- "Hang the phone up clone. No matter how crappy we treat you, you will still remain a customer"
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭
    My last submission was delivered at 12:25 pm on 12-22, finally checked in on 12-29. This was only after I called twice and was told to give it some time on 12-27, on 12-28 they said it wasn't even in the building yet, then when I gave them the PO info they said "oh yeah, we're behind on opening stuff, give it another day, I'm going to flag it now". It wasn't their fault until they had undeniable proof of delivery, then it turned up pretty quickly, and yes, the submission level was clearly marked on the box.
  • Options
    I still have an order that I dropped off in person to them on 11-21-05 that hasn't been done.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    I have never had an order go over the service level that I paid for. If you have then requested free grades or pick GAI or SGC or keep your cards raw.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I don't have a problem with PSA, They just don't need to pay somebody on the clock for the same patent answers month after month. Heck maybe even their stock might go up!!
    It goes along with if you were getting your car fixed and every time you called them their response was "we're working on it". Pretty vague answer for a business don't you think?
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    FYS, Why don't you go back to the graveyard you're so proud of? You do nothing but whine over here anyway.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    No complaints from me. PSA is always quick to turn my stuff around even though I usually do the $5 specials. Thanks PSA! As for phone customer service it hasn't been great the couple times I called but I have learned to not call and then I have no problems with their customer service! image It's not Nordstrom's but it's fine! Peace and happy new year to all.
  • Options
    What I dont understand is that with so many complaints about the quality of service, why do people keep using them?

If I go to a business and they treat me like crap, I dont care how good the work is that is performed, I leave.
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    What I dont understand is that with so many complaints about the quality of service, why do people keep using them?

Probably the same reason you keep posting on this board...it's far superior to the alternative. image
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't have a problem with PSA, They just don't need to pay somebody on the clock for the same patent answers month after month. Heck maybe even their stock might go up!!
    It goes along with if you were getting your car fixed and every time you called them their response was "we're working on it". Pretty vague answer for a business don't you think? >>

Now you lost me. There's a big difference between saying "we're working on it" and saying one of the four answers you mentioned:

" Your cards are in the process of being graded"
    " Your order was placed on the problem shelf. No one has contacted you?"
    " We are currently looking for your cards, but we can't find them right now,. Please check back later."
    " Your cards are in the sealing process and will then go into the final staging"

Those seem to be pretty informative answers. I thought your point was that PSA shouldn't have to pay someone to dole out those answers, and, if that's the case, what's the point in calling. If you want to know where your cards are, they are either:

In PSA's hands;
    In the post office's hands;
    or, in your hands.

What's your point here?

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    oh bobby, you are so funny.

The reason I post to this board is due to the fact that there are many intelligent collectors here with a wealth of hobby knowledge.

Now if you feel the need to endure crap customer service in pursuit of that PSA 10, I'm not going to stand in your way. If PSA was the only hot dog stand on the block, I'd be eating pizza.

Luckily for me, there is another company that offers outstanding grading AND quality customer service........a winning combination.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Mark i was gonna say the same thing but i had enuff fights goin on today.

I have found that most analogys that people use here are redundant and rarely do they fit.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    you think they are bad...has anyone ever tried to call ebay. oh yeah there is a number but no one to answer the phone. on another note i waited on hold with time warner for 1 hour and 48 minutes the other night. i wasnt about to hang up.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    <<you think they are bad...has anyone ever tried to call ebay. oh yeah there is a number but no one to answer the phone. on another note i waited on hold with time warner for 1 hour and 48 minutes the other night. i wasnt about to hang up. >>

ranger my man, that is perhaps the best point I've heard in a long time. You talk about a successful business with absolutely zero customer service, look no further than ebay.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    ......a watched pot will never boil.....
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    "The sun don't shine on a sleepin' dog's ass."

"Stupid is as stupid does."

"Don't do milk. Stay in drugs. Drink your school."

dgf
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    "You know it's been a long day when the 5th inning rolls along and the grounds crew goes out and drags the warning track."