Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Weekly Newps! POST EM!

So, after a crazy holiday season, we can all go happily back to doing what we do best:

Wasting an inordinate amount of time and money on purchasing coins.

As you all can see, I have been a busy boy this week.
(And a broke one too, I might add.)

In a nod to MadMarty:

1966 Balboa

2001 1/10 Balboa

Fiona's 2003 Collection Additions:
(I really like the Russian stuff.)

2003 2 Rupee India

2003 Russia 10 Rubles (1)

2003 Russia 10 Rubles (2)

2003 Russia 10 Rubles (3)

2003 Russia 10 Rubles (4)

Some British, with really crappy photos!!

British 3d, 1915, 1919, 1921

And of course, some sweet British India:

1862 1/4 Anna

1840 1/4 Rupee, Silver

Thanks for looking!

Also have some sweet stuff from Spinaker coming too!

Nick

Comments

• Options
    The 10 ruble coins are very nice. I got some of them in circulation while I was in Russia. Even those coins are minted in millions, they get hoarded up by everyone for some bizarre reasons. I guess everyone is trying to get a coin each or they get exported overseas too fast.

Perhaps, the Central Bank of Russia should just remove the existance of 10 rubles note to get those circulated. I mean, come on, 10 rubles is just 30 cents or something. I wouldn't like those toilet paper notes to continue circulating.

I need to keep up with the 10 rubles collection - there are just too much right now and actually ruined how I wanted to collect a full set, darn Russians dared to issue these four coins:

Link1
    Link2
    Link3
    Link4
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

• Options
    Here are some recent purchases:
    imageimage

This (obviously) is a 1979 Belize gold $100 coin. Currently the only gold in my birth year collection.

imageimage

This is my new 1979 Solomon Islands $10 for the silver set. I had to buy the whole proof set to get a reasonable price. Think this might make DCAM?

The first time I saw MadMarty's weenie coin I knew I had to have one. Again, 1979.

FilamCoins, that Rappen is burning my eyes! Nice!
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    TTT

Everyone broke this week?

Nick
  • Options
    Just picked up this tough'en
    Hard to find one of these that hasn't been played with.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    I am doing my best to restrain myself from purchasing anything until I can rebuild my coffers. My eyes were bigger than my wallet in Nov.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    I understand WorldCoinGuy.

Nice Constantine, Steve! I nearly picked up one of those the other day, but I have no knowledge about ancients whatsoever, so I had no idea how much I should pay for it.

Nick
  • Options
    coinnerdcoinnerd Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
    I've been wanting one of these for years. Finally the cash and right coin came together at the same time.

• Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Just picked this up...I always wanted these two probas and the packaging was something I hadn't seen before. Two are probas and one is regular issue.

Currently high bidder on this one..

• Options
    21Walker21Walker Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭
    Here is what I think the rip of the night is...........mintage 10K...........Rick

linky poo
    If don't look like UNC, it probrably isn't UNC.....U.S. Coast Guard. Chief Petty Officer (Retired) (1970-1990)

EBAY Items
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrlamir
  • Options
    coinnerdcoinnerd Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is what I think the rip of the night is...........mintage 10K...........Rick

linky poo >>

Is that a proof?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    21Walker21Walker Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭
    Is that a proof?

Won't know til I get it in hand.........Rick
    If don't look like UNC, it probrably isn't UNC.....U.S. Coast Guard. Chief Petty Officer (Retired) (1970-1990)

EBAY Items
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrlamir