Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Good News - not card related

All,

My wife and I just found out that our referral was just mailed from the People's Republic of China to our adoption agency in St. Louis. We should have the picture early next week (finally) and we should be in China by early to mid March. I'll post a picture and soon as I receive it.

As our journey begins to bring Emma home, another journey has ended; one that led us to accept that we couldn't have children of our own. As a child, I underwent intensive chemo, radiation and a bone marrow transplant for 3 years to rid my body of non-hodgkins lymphoma. In order to survive, I lost the ability to have children of my own. As I grew older and the deisre to have children of my flesh and blood intensified, bitterness set in as to what had been taken from me. Only after I had met my wife, was I able to deal with my sense of injustice. She accepted my limitations without hesitation and anticipates the arrival of our Emma with more excitement that most women who have carried the child for nine months in their body.

I can only thank god for having such a wonderful wife and for the comfort and strength she has shown, which I can only hope to emulate.

I wish everyone here a healthy, prosperous and happy New Year and keep Megan, Emma and I in your prayers, and we'll do the same for you.

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    GREG - Nice story.
    Wish you all a Happy New Year! ...jay
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Congratulations Greg! Fantastic news for sure!

Looks like the New Year is shaping up pretty well already. image

Best Wishes.

-Josh
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Greg, That is fantastic news ! Continued blessings for the upcoming New Year.

BTW: Emma, is a great name, I have a two year old daughter named Emma.

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Greg-

Great news and best of luck! I have a new cousin named Emma that was born on 12/19 and she is beautiful!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS GREG!!!!imageimageimage
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Greg-
    That is outstanding news. My sister can no longer have kids and has been in the process of adopting from China and is very close to getting her referral as well. I hope Emma comes home soon for you.

Regards,
    Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    GREG, good luck to you and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! Jeff
    Always Buying & Collecting 1957 Topps Baseball 1914 cj,s 1978 bb and any Hof bb
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Greg
    Congratulations and best wishes for the ongoing gregm13 family journey.
    Half the Sky does incredible work. God bless you all.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Greg,

Thats a touching story--I'm very happy for you.

Jim
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Touching story--wonderful news Greg.

I'm happy for you.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to both you and your wife Greg. Our neighbours are currently in the process of adopting a child from China as well; their excitement is mirrored in the great post you just left.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Greg

Congrats to you and the misses.

Good job

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Greg, very happy for you!
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story. Wish you and your family the best.

Happy New Year...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Greg, that is great to hear...Happy New Year to you and yours!
  • Options
    Greg, one of my best buddies did the same thing. He went to China with his wife & picked up the child. Cost an arm & a leg & it was the greatest money they ever spent. I look at their child & realize how lucky the child is by God picking her out to be with my friends. And at the same time, I know my friends have been just as enriched with their beautiful child. Congrats to you as you will never have a better present.

Ted
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Wonderful story...best of luck
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    Greg,

Let us put our differences in the past and make a fresh start with the New Year. That is wonderful news!!
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Great News. And a great way to start off the New Year. One of my co-workers just got back from China this week and you could just see that this was the greatest thing that could ever happen for him and his wife. Good luck and remember to keep us all informed ..... hopefully March will be here fast!!
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Greg,

Let us put our differences in the past and make a fresh start with the New Year. That is wonderful news!! >>

Jayhawke,

Thank you - and I would like to apologize for my past comments. You struck a cord (whether intentional or not) and my comments were uncalled for.

Everyone else,

Thanks for the kind words. My post was probably a little to deep for the message board - but it's nice to share a little of our lives with each other. Have a safe evening tonight.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    DhjacksDhjacks Posts: 343 ✭✭
    Good things happen to good people. Bless you and your wife.
    Working on 1969 through 1975 Basketball.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Greg, I wish you nothing but beautiful things in the future!

Obviously you have found a special person to spend the rest of your life with! And now, with the impending arrival of Emma....things can only get better.

You know that I wish you luck and success and don't let ANYTHING get in the way of you enjoying life!

Can't wait to see a picture of Emma!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Greg - I don't even know you but that is great news! Happy New Year! Emma will bring you great joy, I'm sure.
    Always looking for PSA 9 or 10 Pete Maravich cards!

#1 Pete Maravich Master Set AGAIN!

The Ultimate Pete Maravich Card Collection
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Congratulations! I hope parenthood exceeds all your expectations.

One question-- why do people go to China to adopt kids? I've always wondered about this. Are there legal entanglements that prevent people from adopting African-American and Chicano babies here in the States (or in Mexico)?
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congratulations! I hope parenthood exceeds all your expectations.

One question-- why do people go to China to adopt kids? I've always wondered about this. Are there legal entanglements that prevent people from adopting African-American and Chicano babies here in the States (or in Mexico)? >>

It's much trickier to adopt in the states - plus more expensive. From what I understand, the parent can change their minds and take the child back within a certain period of time (2 or 3 months I think). Plus there are so many little girls in China that are abandoned - that's where our hearts led us.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Dear Greg,
    I usually hit the message boards at night and like all of the regular contributors will enjoy the debates, discourse and humor on a variety of subjects . Sometimes if you are lucky you will come across a message such as the one you put out and realize that on the other end of these posts are real people and in your case exceptional human beings. May God bless You, Megan and your Daughter Emma on your wondrous journey to each other and in your lives.
    Sincerely,
    Art