Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

WOW! JUST FOUR MORE CARDS NEEDED TO COMPLETE MY QUEST!

Wow! I just received these (2) very tough cards, thanks to a fellow cu board member, who sold them to me!

THANK U VERY MUCH!

1976 Topps #051 Ray Burris PSA 9
1976 Topps #182 Harry Rasmussen PSA 9

I still am looking for these (4) cards in PSA 9 or 10:

1976 Topps #308 Jim Barr
1976 Topps #585 Joe Torre
1976 Topps #609 Fred Norman
1976 Topps #621 Tom Hall

These are the last (4) items in my PSA Registry Set that are still PSA 8's (...as the remaining 656 cards are all PSA 10's and PSA 9's!).

I cannot tell you how satisfying it was to add those two items to my set. To bring down my list from 6 to 4 cards was fantastic! Thanks again!

rbd

EDIT: P.S. Anyone else out there who can help me out with those remaining four cards? There are soooooooooooooooooo many tough cards in this set, it is hard for me to believe that I've come this close in completing my quest, ....a complete 1976 Topps set, all in PSA 10's and PSA 9's! Maybe 2006 will be the year? #1 PSA REGISTRY SET - 1976 TOPPS BASEBALL

Comments

• Options
    Rbd,
    Awesome job on a set that can be tough in Mint condition.Paper stock was brutal that year. Good luck with the Norman in a 9. Im sending in a few with hopes for an 8 for my set.Tough one!
    Anyways,quite an accomplishment.Congrats
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Rbd,
    Awesome job on a set that can be tough in Mint condition.Paper stock was brutal that year. Good luck with the Norman in a 9. Im sending in a few with hopes for an 8 for my set.Tough one!
    Anyways,quite an accomplishment.Congrats >>

Thanks Brian,

I don't think you need the #51 (Burris) or the #182 (Rasmussen) for your set (...in PSA 8's!). But if you do, just LMK

rbd
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    RBD
    Glad I could help. There are alot of toughies but for some reason that Torre just doesn't seem to come nice? I would imagine that gaspipe has these and will submit them for you if he reads this thread?

John
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Straw,
    How about that Hunter????
  • Options
    I will look for the cards you need this weekend. I have the Hunter in a PSA 8 but the rest are raw. I know I have Watson that might 8 ?

Collector Focus

• Options
    wow, what a waste of money . . . how could you ever recover the cost of putting together a modern set that was mass produced just to have the #1 registered set? you would have to live to be 125 years old to ever recoop that investment. I guess it must be a personal thing . . . best of luck!image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Actually it is not a waste of money. Redardless of where Robert's set is on the REG. Be it number 1 or 20. I am sure he (like many others) have gotten much enjoyment out of collecting cards. And that enjoyment is priceless.

Happy New Year to all

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    RBD,
    I have hundreds of the Tom Hall but they ALL have measles. Frigin minute red dots all over. I did find about 30-40 Jim Barr's but I doubt any will 9. They have some PD and are all slightly short on the right. I'll have to see about Torre and Norman. I should have Torre's for sure.
  • Options
    RBD - any chance you could scan two cards - Jim Rice and Lefty Grove. I refuse to believe those cards actually exist in well-centered PSA 9 quality!
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    RBD,

Just curious, once you get the remaining four cards in PSA 9 or 10, do you think your quest will really be done, or will you agressively try to upgrade the 9's?
  • Options
    The Jim Rice is: 55/45 L/R & maybe 54/46 T/B, typical surface, just an average nine.

The Lefty Grove is: maybe 47/53 L/R & 45/55 T/B, with nice surface! Nice looking card, but still "but middle a of the road nine"!

Either card will not jump out at u, as I have many nines in this set that could possibly grade 10 (maybe if a PSA grader got a little nooky the nite before?)... image

rbd

edit: P.S. Yes, a scan would tend justify your statement that these two cards are just not well centered examples!
  • Options
    Right now, I'm still looking to upgrade some nines to tens, but I would need close to 400 more tens! LOL!

If I pick-up those four cards mentioned in this thread, I may sloooooo down on the upgrades (as tens are getting expensive!).

We shall see!

rbd

• Options
    Since this is kind of becoming the unofficial 1976 Topps thread(which I think you should change the title to) I am looking for a Bobby Bonds Record Breaker Mint and centered!
    Collector Focus