Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just received (2) tuff! cards, thanks to a fellow board member!

Wow! I just received these (2) very tough cards, thanks to a fellow cu board member, who sold them to me!

THANK U VERY MUCH! image

1976 Topps #051 Ray Burris PSA 9
1976 Topps #182 Harry Rasmussen PSA 9

I still am looking for these (4) cards in PSA 9 or 10:

1976 Topps #308 Jim Barr
1976 Topps #585 Joe Torre
1976 Topps #609 Fred Norman
1976 Topps #621 Tom Hall

These are the last (4) items in my PSA Registry Set that are still PSA 8's (...as the remaining 656 cards are all PSA 10's and PSA 9's!).

I cannot tell you how satisfying it was to add those two items to my set. To bring down my list from 6 to 4 cards was fantastic! Thanks again!

rbd

P.S. Anyone else out there who can help me out with those remaining four cards? There are soooooooooooooooooo many tough cards in this set, it is hard for me to believe that I've come this close in completing my quest, ....a complete 1976 Topps set, all in PSA 10's and PSA 9's! Maybe 2006 will be the year? #1 PSA REGISTRY SET - 1976 TOPPS BASEBALL

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Is it not the custom when thanking someone to include their name?

A fellow board member goes out of his/her way, sends you cards and you don't even have the courtesy of thanking him /her by name?

very typical

LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY SET image

Good for you.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Is it not the custom when thanking someone to include their name?

A fellow board member goes out of his/her way, sends you cards and you don't even have the courtesy of thanking him /her by name?

very typical

LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY SET image

image >>

STEVE, PLEASE GO STALK SOMEONE OR SOMEWHERE ELSE, THANKS! ...u continue to show just what a first class jerk you really are, steve!
    btw, I kept the member's name private, but since he just responded to me on the psa registry board about this. His name is jackstraw!

EDIT: P.S. Thank you so much again, jackstraw, as you already know how much this means to me!
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    <<LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY SET>>

No kidding Steve, lighten up already. You act like the guy posted the exact same message touting his set on 4 separate forums or something. rbdjr, you missed the "Sports Talk" and "Non-Sports Cards Forums", FYI.
  • Options
    well detroit fan,

thanks for the heads-up!

steve's 4900+ posts: as he, needs to let all of us know more about his collections also, as the 5,000 postings (wow!) steve did on these, now with the following "tag" of his, still may not be enough!

...so fyi, detroitfan, here's a heads-up for you, just in case you forgot what steve collects, I will help you out below:

Collecting:
    Mars Attacks
    1965 Topps Baseball
    2003 Bazooka Standups
    pre 1950 European tobacco cards
    myurl The Key to see pics of my Mars attacks set. image

edit: detroit, happy new year!

rbd
  • Options
    Thanks for the update rbdjr1. Congratulations! I, for one, enjoy hearing updates such as this. After all, this is a message board and we come here to share info, so people can choose to read or not to read messages. I like to see new posts, and I think it is a bad idea to discourage such. Who cares if you post it on all the boards? Well, obviously somebody does.
  • Options
    Lighten up?

sure I'll lighten up. Maybe you should have thought of this possibility happenning when you shot your mouth open in a few other posts regarding me.

FWIW I have never called you out for spamming yet you had to insinuate that i had.

You have constantly twisted what i said regarding the nedsk fiasco.

Petri dish? you wanted to fire a salvo, so i simply fired a few back.

maybe you should take a long deep look in the mirror Robert and think before you shoot your mouth off.

Also just for balance a few weeks ago when you paid 1000.00 or more dollars for a card that had been in a GAI holder i was one of the few that did not insinuate that you may have been taken etc. My exact words on that subject were If you like it that is all that matters.

So please stop trying to be a victim here. You called me out and I am responding.

To the rest of the board I dislike being refferred to as coming from a petri dish.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    <<No kidding Steve, lighten up already. You act like the guy posted the exact same message touting his set on 4 separate forums or something. rbdjr, you missed the "Sports Talk" and "Non-Sports Cards Forums", FYI. >>

Steve, if you look at the other 3 PSA forums, you'll see that I was being sarcastic in my previous posting. I'm with you on this one.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    SD,

You sure like to bust b@lls.

Happy Holidays!!image
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    rbdjr1,
    You showed class by thanking a fellow collector...can't go wrong doing that.
  • Options

<< <i>
    "To the rest of the board I dislike being refferred to as coming from a petri dish."

Steve >>

Well steve,

I guess you just assumed I was talking about you when a spoke about an indivual that "crawled out of a petri dish"? I DID NOT mention you by name. Here are my exact words I used in that post: (HERE IS THE POST)

I'm sure "u know who" will crawl out of his petri dish, and delcare this post to be spam!
    LOL!
    So, you being soooooo "full of wisdom", decided that I was talking about u? Ok, if the shoe (urrr, petri dish) fits steve wear it!

rbd
  • Options
    Nice try Robert. So i guess the last reference to "put a lid on it and slide back down the petri dish wasn't directed towards me either huh?

I also must have imagined the idiotic replies directed at me within the nedsk thread too?

You are twisting as usual.

Ok Robert I'll bite who were you referring to?

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    No Robert i did not assume. I pm'ed you and mentioned it. Had I been mistaken you could have pm'd me back stating such. Not like you have never replied before.

please, you may be able to fool some here but you aint fooling me.

Steve

You know damn well that you were referring to me.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    New Year's is very close, I can think of 2 board members who need to have a beer together and give up the love....

Big Ups

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

·p_A·
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>New Year's is very close, I can think of 2 board members who need to have a beer together and give up the love....

Big Ups

Julen >>

I'm with Julen on this one.

Anything else I feel about this would be better said privately.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    P.A. .....with yet another classic photo
  • Options
    Thanks p.A.

I was steadily getting more tense reading this thread. I think I broke a tooth!