Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Autograph stickers on limited insert cards what do you think?Poll!

I believe that there are some people that believe a card with an autograph sticker Is decreased in quality and value. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I like 'em. I also like autos's on the card itself. I guess what I am trying to say is I would buy them both ways.
    Matt
  • Options
    The only autograph cards that I've seen and liked are the ones by Knuckles. image

But then, any auto is a good auto.... (Have I made myself clear?)
    << image >>
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would take one from a pack but would not buy a sticker auto - don't care much for the appearance.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how the sticker autos fare over time.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    I think the poll shoudl be amended, well forget it. I just think it is sad to see a piece of history all chopped up and stuck into a little piece of cardboard. Especially when some of the name gets cut off!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the poll shoudl be amended, well forget it. I just think it is sad to see a piece of history all chopped up and stuck into a little piece of cardboard. Especially when some of the name gets cut off!! >>

RM
    Unless I'm wrong - I thought he was referring to a company getting someone to sign clear stick'ems and then affixing them to a card vs. signing directly on the card.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Mike

he was.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Right!!That was why I would make... I guess another poll about whether to "cut" a nice piece of history, or a resemption card for the whole item which could go unopened! This would be for deceased players. I voted for an auto on the card in this poll for active auto.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭

<< <i>I think the poll shoudl be amended, well forget it. I just think it is sad to see a piece of history all chopped up and stuck into a little piece of cardboard. Especially when some of the name gets cut off!! >>

That would be referring to something like this:

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That would be referring to something like this:

image >>

wow, thats a first for me.. a topps card chopped up for UD.. heh..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Ugh. That's disgusting. Chopping old cards to make new cards. Next thing you know, Topps will hack up a T206 Honus Wagner and make inserts. Then Upper Deck will try to one-up them and dig up Wagner's corpse and create a "Legendary Grave Cuts" set.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    I don't like the stickers. You can slap an sticker autograph on a toaster, but it doesn't give you the same connection as when the athlete signs the card. Cut autographs of deceased players are fine. That's an innovative way to re-connect with the history of the game.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Well as we move into the future I only think that these limited number STicker auto inserts will be here to stay for a long time.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    OMG AUTOGRAPH STICKERZ PWN!
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Fun with stickers..

Sticker: Brent Sopel

These were from another board.. pretty funny though and appropriate for this thread.

That card UD cut up to create a new card disgusts me. They're so lazy, there's no reason for doing that. Spend a little time and find a quality autograph on a plain piece of paper to use. They suck.
  • Options
    Knuckles- Those were hysterical. Thanks for sharingimage
    That UD would actually be rather unique if that autograph was better and if you could actually read the players name. Otherwise it is a perfect storm of autographed crap
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ugh. That's disgusting. Chopping old cards to make new cards. Next thing you know, Topps will hack up a T206 Honus Wagner and make inserts. Then Upper Deck will try to one-up them and dig up Wagner's corpse and create a "Legendary Grave Cuts" set. >>

Feeding cows to cows to make more cows image
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Feeding cows to cows to make more cows

= mad cow