Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't personally, I don't care for cards from that time period.
    For that 35k I'd either go buy a buttload of unopened stuff from the 50s/60s/70s or perhaps use as a down payments on my new Corvette C6 Z06. image
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I would certainly need a lot more information than the scans of 16 cards before spending $35k. If he overgrades even slightlys [one to two grades] - that could impact the potential economics of a deal like this substantially. Not enough information, i think, to make an informed choice.

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    and, FWIW, the price seems high if he grades accurately. For a purchase like this, I would tend to look more toward an auction house than Ebay:

like this set
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Text

I agree with Mark. 35k i want to be able to have some recourse. Ebay is not the place for buying an item like this.

I wonder why these cards are not graded?

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Why wouldn't those cards have grades first, regardless of the grading company, but obviously, preferrably PSA?

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    STUPID CompUter i hate TECHNOLOGY
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    I thought the same thing when I first saw this, why not get it graded by someone, anyone... even GEM.

Even if they are PSA 2's, I would think there are more buyers for these individually if not together with a PSA label on them.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought the same thing when I first saw this, why not get it graded by someone, anyone... even GEM. >>

they would be worth much less in a GEM slab than they are raw..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Back to the original question.

if i had 35k and it was burning a hole in my pocket I'd travel around Europe with it before I would buy a that set of ballcards.

Steve

Good for you.