Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My vote for the most overpriced card currently on E-Bay

By the way which person in the picture is Ron Shock

Comments

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    What is up with that, no picture of the card? Did he think for a $0.10 listing fee this would be funny?

Stingray
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    The $495 price tag is the joke here................1/1 nonwithstanding.....
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• That is a pretty cute picture.
    If you have a moment, please check out our E-bay auctions.
    our e-bay auctions

• Yeah, I'm gonna drop 200 bones on THIS card with that "cute" picture. The guy is an a$$.

dgf
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    it's a space holder. He gets the listing in on .10 day, then when he gets time edits the listing, picture, price, etc to reflect a card actually for sale.
    There are a few dealers that do this.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

<< <i>it's a space holder. He gets the listing in on .10 day, then when he gets time edits the listing, picture, price, etc to reflect a card actually for sale.
    There are a few dealers that do this. >>

That does make sense, but the $189 starting price, is that bit high, not up on 71s?

Stingray
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Who is to say a '71 will be put in there? I've seen listings totally changed, it could be a T206 and the price changed to $50. - or $5000.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• << <i>Who is to say a '71 will be put in there? >>

I do.

You haven't seen THIS seller "change" a '71 to a t-card have you? Don't count on it. He MAY add an image, but don't bet on that, either.

dgf
  • How about this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=8738782888&amp;sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1&amp;rd=1

It originally was put up for a Buy It Now of $29.99

I messaged the guy and he said that was based on another 1977 Jackson card that sold for like $30. A $30 card is a PSA 8+.
    The card in the pic is like a PSA 1. Why would anyone waste the time and listing fees for a card worth not even $1? To each their own.

• ">link

Man, that's funny and sad all at the same time...BTW, welcome to the boards.
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    space holder's increase chance of selling a semi-high priced card w/ no image of actual item for sale?

Julen
    RIP GURU

<< <i>Who is to say a '71 will be put in there? I've seen listings totally changed, it could be a T206 and the price changed to $50. - or $5000. >>

I was just assuming that the card image was going to be added and that everything else was already set up for the auction, but one should never assume.

Stingray
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Pick the most overpriced card????

You've got to be kidding me. This ten cent listing day makes searching for a card a joke.
    eBay is absolutely flooded with "Buy it Now's" that are extremely high priced. Yuk!!

I think I'll stay off of eBay for about 7 days!!!