Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cards you wish you SOLD!

I have 100 1987 t Rueben Sierra and I wish I sold them for the $4.00ea they were worth in 1989.

What do you wish you sold?
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    I overplayed the Barry Bonds 1986 Topps Traded 11T on my last 5 cards, kept thinking they'd go back up. Today they are about $120, less than half what I could have sold them for in 2004.

The other genius move I made was to load up on a lot of Mark McGwire from his rookie on up in anticipation of a Hall of Fame entrance. Thank you United States Congress for that one.
  • Options
    I've got a whole trunk of cards from that era that a friend gave me.I wish that I have already sold them !!
  • Options
    I wish I sold Zef an unopened vending box of 1977 Topps full of O/C turds.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>I wish I sold Zef an unopened vending box of 1977 Topps full of O/C turds. >>

I bought a few of those. I really wasn't trying to spoof your thread, but for all the cards we all wish we didn't sell, there are cards we wish we did.

I hope you haven't taken offense Dakota, I really have meant no harm.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    all my friggin psa 10 rafael palmeiro rookies. oh well.
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, I don't know where to start!

Probably one of the worst - back around 1993, I bought an 85T vending case from Murphy for around 400$.

Shoulda dumped them when McGwire set the record.

Maybe in 10 thousand years I'll get that kind of dough!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Dan Pasqua, Rickey Ledee, Wes Helms, Randall Simon, Bruce Chen...

should I continue?
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Back in 1990, I traded a nice 1962 Koufax (probably PSA 6/7) for 2 boxes of 1990 Upper Deck. I can't remember which rookie I was chasing (Matt Nokes maybe). I wish to god I would have sold all of that cr*p and bought back the Koufax!!

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

said no to '85 Topps Hershiser rookies for $20 a piece.
    said no to '84 Topps Strawberrys at $18 a piece.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    The 1992 TT Garciaparra rookie. I bought a few of the PSA 9's and 10's then he hurt his wrist and went on the DL. I thought it was a great buying opportunity and sell on his triumphet return.

Oh well
  • Options
    The 1992 TT Garciaparra rookie. I bought a few of the PSA 9's and 10's then he hurt his wrist and went on the DL. I thought it was a great buying opportunity and sell on his triumphet return.

Oh well
  • Options
    Jordan,
    I just sold one of those Sierra's...

"Village Idiot."

It was a PSA 10, but now quite there for me. I'd be glad to purchase a well-focused, GEM copy from you for the $4 raw for my set. I've been unable to find one that works with my set. I have close to 100 copies and, like #412 Eric Davis, can't seem to settle on one I really dig. Tim Raines is a little like that as well for me. I can live with that one for now, but E.D. and Ruben have driven me a bit nuts.

I can't think of any cards I wish I had sold. Now, there are quite a few I wish I had held on to. The PSA 8 '52 Al Rosen comes to mind. Dead-centered, immaculate, with the best apple-red color I've ever seen on that card. It sold for a strong price, but I still wish I had it back. That's what happens when you think you're "done" and find out you're not just having a baby---but TWINS! I guess I'll keep the twins for now image.

dgf
  • Options
    Jordan,
    I'm counting on you! Pull me a beauty! Thanks in advance.

dgf
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loaded up on Kevin Maas rookie cards back in the early 1990s. Needless to say that turned out to be a very bad idea.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Tony Clark, Ruben Rivera, Bob Hamelin, Marty Cordova and every other mid 90's flop. Then of course there were the few golden Jordan baseball cards that were going to help me retire when he made it to the majors. image
    Travis
  • Options
    My 1990/91 errors and promos.

-1990 Proset Johnny Holland (no name on the back), Perry Kemp, Walter Stanley and a few others I forget.

-Plus a bunch of promos I got at shows and at the '91 National in Anaheim.

Sell all that stuff. Put that money into Microsoft stock, then sell in 2000. Perfect image
  • Options
    Some of my brilliant acquisitions of the '90s:

- at least 15 1991 Stadium Club Phil Plantier
    - at least 10 1991 Ultra Update Chuck Knoblauch
    - at least 20 1990 Upper Deck Kevin Appier
    - at least 20 1991 Upper Deck Royce Clayton

Did I mention 20 Steve Avery rookies and 15 Eric Lindros rookies?

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Hands down, playground legend Lloyd Daniels.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    Rickey Ervins 1991 stadium club rookie ..... GO SKINS!!!! imageimage
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Mr. Aaron
    - 100%- unofficial 1956 baseball psa 6-7 set
    - 100%- unofficial 1957 baseball psa 5-8
    - 100%- CENTERED 1989 Fleer basketball set- Tougher then it sounds!!!...will grade in 20 years LOL
    - 92.4%- 1987 Fleer Basketball psa 8-9 and raw
    - 1988 Fleer Basketball cards mostly raw
    - Heritage Baseball Collector
    - 1984 topps NFL football
    - 1984 topps USFL football >>

Lothar,

Is it just me or is your sigline increasing frequently...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    1991 O-Pee_Chee, Score, Pro Set, Topps, Parkhurst, etc. hockey
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Ryan Leaf rookies during his 2000 season comeback as once again starter for the San Diego Chargers. All of his cards went back up to decent prices and were selling well on ebay.......but I kept all of them in hopes of something that would never happen. BAD decision.

- Joe
  • Options
    I was holding onto a Bryan Harvey "short print" 1993 Refractor in PSA 10. They used to sell for over $800 each, and now I have 5 of them. Last one sold for under $200....... image
  • Options
    Juan Gonzalez 1990 or 1991 UD rookie cards. I used to sit in the bleachers in Arlington and watch the "future HOFer" patrol the outfield. I just knew that my 100 or so rookie cards would be worth a lot when he went into the HOF.
    Also have an autographed bat. If I ever get to another Cardinals Winter-warmup, I'll take some acetone to the bat and get a couple of ''better" signatures.
    I really shouldn't be so critical though, when Juan was on, he was "Igor" the RBI threat, the same mold as Albert Belle.....speaking of which.... but I think Albert will eventually make the HOF.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Here are a few of the lots I still have.

100 1986 TT Paul Assenmacher
    100 1987 FU Glossy Dorn Taylor
    100 1987 FU Glossy Wally Ritchie

None of these were ever worth much, so I can't really say I wished I had sold them, but still-- they're embarrassing to look at. As far as cards I wished I had sold that honor goes to the 300 87T Bobby Bonilla's I still own.
  • Options
    Wife says

ALL OF THEM!

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Wish I sold the many, many 86 topps traded rookies when they were still worth something....ditto for any of the 50 or 100 card lots I had from 87 topps & 89 donruss.

----

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I got a few lots left also>>>

50>1987 topps Kevin Mitchell
    50>1987 topps Ruben Sierra
    50> 1989 topps Gregg Jefferies

• Options

<< <i>I got a few lots left also>>>

50> 1988 topps Gregg Jefferies >>

Woah!

That's a really really rare card! You might own the entire print run!