Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry and Pop Reports

Very new to PSA and how it all works.

If I submit a request for a set registry and it is approved with my 3 card #s, what happens next? Do I pay to use it? Is there a way to check a population report from within the registry? I am trying to find out the # of cards graded from two modern sets, but am having little luck. The charge is for everything to look up a set, no way to do it for free with the CU login? I won some PSA cards on eBay, and PSA set building seems neat.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

You can register your set and access it any time to update it. Pop Reports and Price Guide you have to pay for. But if you ask nicely enough on the board, most people here will tell you the pop of your cards .
  • Options
    Thanks. I see it's nearly $5/month to access population reports, etc. Perhaps PSA could offer onetime lookups for like, $1 through Paypal. For me, I would give the dollar to see how many #1/1s of something have been graded, but for only one or two sets of interest, it doesn't seem worth it.

One more set registry question: Weights of cards? Why are commons and rookies in some sets both given the same rating, when one has thousands, and the other has a set amount? Is it only vintage that gets weighted differently?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Why not go to the company and year in which you're interested (i.e. 1964 Topps), click one of the top ranked sets that allows inspection, and you can determine for any particular card the # at that grade and the # in higher grade. For instance, if the owner has card #333, say, in an 8, it will list the # of 8's and the # of 9 or 10's. And, it's for free!
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I agree about the $5 for access to the pop report being a drag, especially since the other grading services give it away for free, but you do also get access to the SMR, for what that's worth. And once you join PSA, the $100 cover charge gives you total access for a year. If your set is ever added to the registry, pop reports for in-grade and above-grade are available for all cards actually entered.

Or if you ask nicely for a single item, often people on this board will oblige.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Dont you have to be a PSA subscriber/member to have a set registry set? If so, then you already have access to SMR and pop-reports? I am incorrect on these or correct?
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dont you have to be a PSA subscriber/member to have a set registry set? If so, then you already have access to SMR and pop-reports? I am incorrect on these or correct? >>

Members do have access to the SMR and Pop reports. But you do not need to be a PSA member to be on the Registry. You do have to register to be on the registry [e.g. e-mail address, logon information] - but you do not need to be a paying PSA subscribed to be a Registry member.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the helpful replies regarding the set registry. Special thanks to JasP24 for his help, too. Appreciate it!