Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do you make of this? PSA vs GAI ....See? I told you turkeys.......

Hey turkeys..... check this out . 1957 PSA 7 Colavito ....... $97.15 # 8735227719

1957 GAI 7 Colavito ........ $99.00 # 8740235754

SPLAIN THIS JETHRO................................................. HUH ???? Cat got your tongue????

Seriously..... what do you make of this???????

Comments

• Options
    That one example does not a trend make????
    << image >>
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    I've seen quite a few others. I will keep a list and then come up with it. It's just another observation wondering if you see any long term implications with this. I don't see SGC see coming close like GAI......I hope you are right about no trend.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    And all along I thought you were worried. Turkeys?

Go gobble elsewhere you mutt.

lol

edit to add: wow 2 whole dollars you must be a master statistician.

gobble gobble
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>And all along I thought you were worried. Turkeys?

Go gobble elsewhere you mutt.

lol >>

It figures...... I knew it wouldn't take long for you to come out of your stinkin', filthy, slimey rat hole.......image
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I fail see the point of these comparisons. The cardboard is what I collect not the plastic and the flip. Some are entombed in slabs for preservation. The value comes from the card itself not from the company who sold you the plastic holder with a number on a flip. I fail to see the paranoia you are trying to bring up. If, for example, I had my collection in company A slabs and saw a few examples of the same cards in Company B slabs selling slightly above the cards in Company A slabs I would not be inclined to seend my cards to company B for re-slabbing. That is just ridiculous assuming both companies were reputable (e.g. not PRO et. all). I am a collector and not a seller. But paying crossover fees as a seller to gain an extra dollar is just not good sense.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    LOL what a mutt, chaz you worried that gai is gaining on psa?

wow 2.00 I better cross over my entire collection.

SD

Good for you.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you turkeys. Not only that, this ungraded Yogi sold for FIVE dollars more than this GAI graded Yogi.

I keep telling you turkeys, ungraded is definitely gaining on graded. Break all of you're (sic) cards out of they're (sic) graded holders, or your (sic) gonna be sorry. How much more proof do you need?
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah you turkeys. Not only that, this ungraded Yogi sold for FIVE dollars more than this GAI graded Yogi.

I keep telling you turkeys, ungraded is definitely gaining on graded. Break all of you're (sic) cards out of they're (sic) graded holders, or your (sic) gonna be sorry. How much more proof do you need? >>

He is very right.................a true voice of reason.....I'm gonna start cracking today.........
  • Options
    The only Turkey here is you chaz now go and gobble elsewhere you MUTT.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    You said: "See. I told you turkeys."

What did you tell us turkeys?

Why are you making such a big deal out of a $1.85 difference on a single auction?

GAI is to PSA what Yahoo auctions are to Ebay. In other words, virtually nothing but a two-bit player.

• Options

<< <i>I've seen quite a few others. I will keep a list and then come up with it. It's just another observation wondering if you see any long term implications with this. ......I hope you are right about no trend. >>

Please post every example that you find. I also am very fearfull of "this" trend, as I have a lot of money tied up in PSA plastic.

Thank you for your efforts and updates on this breaking news.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Excuse me; I must be in the wrong place....
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    I guess I will have to come up with more examples and I hope I don't find too many.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    What exactly are you trying to prove, and who are you trying to prove it to? It is accepted throughout the entire hobby that PSA is superior to GAI, not just on a PSA message board. If you're attempting to taunt the members here for a quick thrill, you're pathetic and you're wasting your time.
  • Options

<< <i>What exactly are you trying to prove, and who are you trying to prove it to? It is accepted throughout the entire hobby that PSA is superior to GAI, not just on a PSA message board. If you're attempting to taunt the members here for a quick thrill, you're pathetic and you're wasting your time. >>

You took the bait ........... turkey. Seriously, I am just wondering what's going on here??? Are all of you sleeping at the wheel?????
  • Options
    Josh

Im bored I don't mind toying with this mutt.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Maybe, all of your examples will balance out the one below. At $2 a card it will take you around 600 cards.

Check out this Bill Russell rookie on ebay - Item #8725044628 - PSA 8 sold for $4805.

The last Bill Russell in Mastro - GAI 8.5 sold for $3600 with the juice.

Quite a difference.

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your efforts and updates on this breaking news.

LMAO. That is truly delusional.
  • Options
    It figures...... I knew it wouldn't take long for you to come out of your stinkin', filthy, slimey rat hole.......

classic

sd
    Good for you.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    instigator you are.

turkeys we are not though.

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options

<< <i>It figures...... I knew it wouldn't take long for you to come out of your stinkin', filthy, slimey rat hole.......

classic

sd >>

You liked that one ..... huh steve ?????? I laughed my ass off as I was typing it image

Don't mess with the chaz..... I'm much faster on the draw when I feel like it - grasshopper.
  • Options

<< <i>instigator you are.

turkeys we are not though.

Julen >>

.........So what brilliant observations do you bring to this thread other than the above?? Teach me how I should forget to think.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    you're handling that department quite well hombre.

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options

<< <i>you're handling that department quite well hombre.

Julen >>

I'm still waiting for your brilliance ..................?????????
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

how do you keep an idiot in suspense?
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>how do you keep an idiot in suspense? >>

BRAVO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah you turkeys. Not only that, this ungraded Yogi sold for FIVE dollars more than this GAI graded Yogi. >>

<< <i>I keep telling you turkeys, ungraded is definitely gaining on graded. Break all of you're (sic) cards out of they're (sic) graded holders, or your (sic) gonna be sorry. How much more proof do you need? >>

Those sic's are hilarious. Thanks, DF2!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks yawie, I was starting to believe that others thought I was being serious . . .

Peace,

Tom
  • Options

<< <i>I guess I will have to come up with more examples and I hope I don't find too many. >>

Don't worry, TOOL, you won't!!!
  • Options
    1962 Frank Robinson in 8 in the last 12 months:

PSA 8 $1076 ebay
    PSA 8 $1275 ebay

GAI 8 $600 naxcom (purchased by yours truly; the only GAI card I own)
    GAI 8 $721.81 MileHigh auction - amount includes buyer's premium

Not a large sample, but I would think this pattern is pretty much the norm.

Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    chaz43, did u miss this one cuz? (Turkey? Well yeah! ...as this one was gobbled-up! Rather, ...it turned-out to be the 'golden goose'!)

$ 319.00 - 1976 O-Pee-Chee-#550 Hank Aaron, Brewers GAI 9.5 ebay - 10/11/2005

$ 1,225.00 - 1976 O-Pee-Chee-#550 Hank Aaron, Brewers PSA 10 ebay - 12/6/2005

edit: The same card! (GAI example was won on ebay 10/11/2005 for $ 319, then it was "cracked out" of its' GAI holder, then it was PSA graded, then it sold on ebay just two months later as a PSA 10 on 12/6/2005 for $1225). I know this, 'becuz, I'm the turkey who bought it because it was PSA graded! Gobble! Gobble! (Hey 'cuz, pass that giblet gravy, pleeeze! Thanks 'cuz!)

#1 1976 Topps PSA Registry Set, 261 PSA 10's, 395 PSA 9's, 4 PSA 8's

#1 1961 Nu-Card Football PSA Registry Set, 50 - PSA 10's, 30 - PSA 9's

PSA Collector's Showcase - OPC's PSA 10's!

Pete Rose Master Player PSA Set

...more!

edit: chaz43, "Crack these GAI's", if u dare 'cuz: '71 Topps Pete Rose #100 GAI 8.5 and '65 Topps #207 Pete Rose GAI 8.5 Maybe more golden gooses? Or just GAI turkeys? ...OR CRACK-OUT THIS GAI 10?

chaz, happy holidaze to ya
    'cuz! rbd

• Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    image @ rbdjr1!

Thanks for supporting PSA!! image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options

<< <i>image @ rbdjr1!

Thanks for supporting PSA!! image >>

DBH elevates yet another thread!!!

• Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    We can't all be as enlightened as you, with your "Don't worry, TOOL, you won't!!!" posts..

imageimage

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Chaz, I don't mind you havin' a little fun but coming on the board and referring to everyone as turkeys?

Not the best form.

Happy New Year
    Stone
    Mike
  • Options

I'll take my buck eighty five in nickels please!. image

Stick with the Beckett boards junior.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I think we all have a problem here. Next time we see a post that is meant to rile us up or insite us, please just ignore it. Do not let the thread go on, let it die. If certain members come to the site just to piss off the rest of us, let us not respond to them anymore and maybe they will get the hint. JMHO.

Stingray
  • Options
    Sound advice Kirk.

But how often can I call a mutt a mutt?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Chaz, I don't mind you havin' a little fun but coming on the board and referring to everyone as turkeys?

Not the best form.

Happy New Year
    Stone >>

Relax Stone Cold, it's the holidays and I thought it was appropriate to use the term to fit the occasion ..... gobble gobbleimage
  • Options

<< <i>Sound advice Kirk.

But how often can I call a mutt a mutt?

Steve >>

You guys can't resist because in the deepest part of you, you might just be saying ........... hey ..... wait a minute... this guy might have a point and if a big part of you didn't feel that way , you all would be indifferent ...... even you little Stevie boy and that's why you can't resist coming out of your little stinkin', slimey, dark, rank, putrid hole.......image
  • Options
    This guy HAS got to be 12 years old or just real lonely. Happy New Year to all the real members of the board here - you guys keep me informed and laughing. Best wishes for the best year to come personally and hobby-wise as well.
    Just glad to be here with everyone.
  • Options

<< <i>This guy HAS got to be 12 years old or just real lonely. Happy New Year to all the real members of the board here - you guys keep me informed and laughing. Best wishes for the best year to come personally and hobby-wise as well. >>

Hey Wimpus - so that is all you have to say??? You bring nothing, make a point about what I am talking about or take a hike. Chaz
  • Options
    Once Christmas vacation is over and the children are back in school we won't have to worry about this kid
  • Options
    even you little Stevie boy and that's why you can't resist coming out of your little stinkin', slimey, dark, rank, putrid hole.......

LOL

nother classic

<sic> you image
    Good for you.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Chaz-

won't your employers at GAI be mad you aren't mopping the floors, instead of posting here?

I find it wonderful you took the time to search what must have been hundreds and hundreds of auctions to come up with ONE example of a GAI card being sold higher than PSA.

If you're so on GAI's nuts, why are you here?
  • Options
    Actually it took him around a month to find that ONE example. last time he was here he said he would be back with proof.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Once Christmas vacation is over and the children are back in school we won't have to worry about this kid >>

STILL BANGIN YOUR HEAD AND YOU STILL DON'T GET IT TURKEY??????
  • Options

<< <i>Chaz-

won't your employers at GAI be mad you aren't mopping the floors, instead of posting here?

I find it wonderful you took the time to search what must have been hundreds and hundreds of auctions to come up with ONE example of a GAI card being sold higher than PSA.

If you're so on GAI's nuts, why are you here?

LOOK DORK , IF ANYBODY'S BLOWIN HOT AIR , IT'S YOU SISSY.imageText
  • Options
    Why would anyone expend this much time and effort pushing a grading company ? Get a life there are much better topics than who is better. Most of us would buy any of the 3 and cross to our prefered company. People will always buy Chevy, Ford or Dodge for whatever reason. This is the same and always will be.image
    Scott

T206's are always being bought.

aloof1003@comcast.net
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I think Chaz better go get that $100,000 loan to invest in GAI graded cards...he sees this "trend". Chaz, take your trend and go buy your GAI cards. While youre at it, I also hear that PRO is a good investment too. Give them a try, I bet you find some wonderful stuff there.