Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Selling off a big bulk amount of cards...

I don't really collect cards just saw the oppurtunity to purchase a few lots at what I figured to be good prices and was right on some and not so right on others. I am looking to sell off around 15,000 cards that are mainly rookies, inserts, and includes around 100-120 game used and autograph cards. The game used and autographs aren't anything to great but many of the rookies are in the $8-$20 range and some are higher. I started to use the beckett site on the free version to see get a total book value but have had no luck in getting anything sold at even half of the book value so I quit wasting my time. I just want to get a decent portion of my money back on what I have left. I will email a partial list of some of the better cards included if anyone is interested. The lot includes baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and a few racing cards. The lowest price I'd be looking to sell at would be around $750-$1000 so if you can't afford this amount please don't bother contacting me. You can email me or PM me here.

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the scnas you have listed .... You will be waiting a long time to get your asking price
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    You probably had no luck selling at 50% cuz unless it is a rare auto or Game used, or a good rookie, 20-30% is a good price, and if in bulk more like 10% or less. I sold $500-$1000BV lots for $49.99, that each included 20 game used or autos, and 20 inserts $5 or more, all were total BV $500 and more.
    XTRA INNINGS SPORTS CARDS
    Now Closed For Good

REFERENCES: check rmcards4u

Looking for tough Game Used and Autos in Football and Baseball, expecially Phillies, Orioles, Redskins, Steelers, Eagles and Raiders.
  • Options
    Okay, so my expectations were set too high and the best way to sell these cards off is going to be in smaller lots at around the percent I paid for them. I tried that though and got very little response here and on beckett's message boards. Is there anyplace other than auction sites and sites like Naxcom that are decent at getting sales results?