Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Look at all this unopened..another scam or not?

wow,some sweet stuff, feedback is for all coins but he has some serious stuff...what do you think?

86 fleer basketball wax box
72 topps unopened wax box
75 mini boxes

Just to name a few.

link to items for sale
The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set

Comments

• Options
    Looks like someone trying to set up like an unclaimed property division from some state. If it seems to good to be true, ... !! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I would advise CAUTION! I personally wouldn't bid unless I lived near the seller and could inspect.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    MO? No Paypal...........all previous Pos feedback is for 10.00 to 20.00 modern coins. Does not inspire confidence. Too nedsk like for me.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Looks like deja vu. Remember that guy from Pennsylvania awhile ago (aka nedsk, sp?)...he dealt in coins and valuable wax boxes.

He even sold the same kind of boxes, 72 Topps, 75 Mini, 86 Fleer basketball...what are the odds?

Somebody could make a fortune inspecting wax boxes in person from sellers like this.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like deja vu. Remember that guy from Pennsylvania awhile ago (aka nedsk, sp?) >>

That was Nedsk. Before that there was an ebay id from the same area selling the same stuff, PAOUTDOORSMAN.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Fake, fake, fake, fake.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    What is being said is true-stay away from this fraud. Just a quick look at the boxes and you can tell the packs are NG--
  • Options

<< <i>Just a quick look at the boxes and you can tell the packs are NG >>

And you can tell this how?? Not saying the guy is legit but how can you say the packs are no good??
    I couldn't make that assumption one way or the other from the pics.
  • Options
    yes, I was wondering the same thing, I did however wonder if anyone remembered the pics Ndesk and PAoutdoorsman used. I was wondering if the pics are the same as used in those auctions as well.
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    I could have sworn I saw those same 74 football boxes about six months ago on e-bay.

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    "Planet Earth to wax from the past, come in";

Can u pleeeeeze look at those scans of this seller's wax boxes and packs? Can you draw any conclusions by looking at his auction pics?

Your opinion will be welcomed.

rbd

edit: I PM'd Ryan, so maybe he can offer his expert opinion of those "wax pics"?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< That was Nedsk. Before that there was an ebay id from the same area selling the same stuff, PAOUTDOORSMAN. >>>

I still think this was probably one in the same guy or a few guys grouped together working on the phony scans, etc. Nedsk just shined up the act a little bit - but it was still basically a scam. Until they get prosecuted and go to prison, they'll be back doing more - just a question of when.
  • Options
    No paypal? Nuf ced.
    If you have a moment, please check out our E-bay auctions.
    our e-bay auctions

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< Just a quick look at the boxes and you can tell the packs are NG >>

And you can tell this how?? Not saying the guy is legit but how can you say the packs are no good??
    I couldn't make that assumption one way or the other from the pics.
    >>

look at the 86 basketball box, all the white on those corners should give you a pretty good indication what you are buying, JUNK!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Hub:

Man - glad you are participating on these boards. But that picture of your cat is too darn big! It's kind of freaky. Can you downsize that a bit?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to email this guy and mess with him a bit.

By the way. nice kitty.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items