Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

06 Heritage..THEY FIXED THE BORDERS!!!

There was a write up on beckett today with pics. It looks like topps fixed them!

Kevin

Heritage

Comments

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    They look pretty good!!!!! YEEEHAW!!!
  • Options
    it looks like a nice product. although if they really wanted to recreate the feel of the '57 topps set, they should have taken about half the player's pictures in the dark.
  • Options

<< <i>it looks like a nice product. although if they really wanted to recreate the feel of the '57 topps set, they should have taken about half the player's pictures in the dark. >>

Watch it pal.....just WATCH IT... nobody making fun of your baby so dont make fun of ours!!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    link busted I wanna see image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    beckett seems to be down, check back in the morning and it should be back up. Anyone need 200 pieces
    of sugar free gum cheap?

LMK
    Kevin
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an improvement Kevin.

Thanx
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    I still have tons of 05 if anyone needs to fill in holes in their set.

Kevin, I do not even have the Unit NAP for my own set, but somehow I have 5 or 6 of other players. The really weird thing is that my totals I would estimate to be as follows:

Packs opened ~350

SPs needed after trading = 0

Base cards needed to complete set = 4

Average number of dupes of cards that I do have = No less than 5, usually 8-12.

Creepy that not once did I hit that run of 4 cards. I will pull those 4 one day, oh yes, they will be mine.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Is it just me or does Bonds' head look smaller? Must be from losing all that weight so his knee can handle it.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    He's crossing his arms so you can't see the train tracks on the inside that make him look like a boxcar hobo.

BONDS IS A HEROIN ADDICT!!! AND YOU WOUOLD HAVE HEARD IT FIRST ON WWW.THEBULLCHIT.NET
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>He's crossing his arms so you can't see the train tracks on the inside that make him look like a boxcar hobo.

BONDS IS A HEROIN ADDICT!!! AND YOU WOUOLD HAVE HEARD IT FIRST ON WWW.THEBULLCHIT.NET >>

Thats what were all about at TheBullChit.com. Mudflap, you're hired!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>it looks like a nice product. although if they really wanted to recreate the feel of the '57 topps set, they should have taken about half the player's pictures in the dark. >>

Watch it pal.....just WATCH IT... nobody making fun of your baby so dont make fun of ours!! >>

Nothing like a little vintage cards smack to liven things up image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Watch it pal.....just WATCH IT... nobody making fun of your baby so dont make fun of ours!! >>

Nothing like a little vintage cards smack to liven things up image >>

haha...just messing with you man...i wish more people thought like you...that way id get more 57's a little cheaper!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>image

That's an improvement Kevin.

Thanx
    mike >>

Yeah that does it for me....its going to be a barnburner that for sure.....Now we all need to go to the corner and PRAY TO THE GOD OF CARDBOARD that OUR CASES ARE AS CENTERED AS THOSE CARDS THAT ARE BEING SHOWN....remember...1957 design is downright gorgeous when centered......dowright UGLY when not......its the whole basis why i have a complete 1957 set but still find cards I need to upgrade to better centered copies every time I look at them (hence the Unofficial).

Loth
  • Options

<< <i>I still have tons of 05 if anyone needs to fill in holes in their set.

Kevin, I do not even have the Unit NAP for my own set, but somehow I have 5 or 6 of other players. The really weird thing is that my totals I would estimate to be as follows:

Packs opened ~350

SPs needed after trading = 0

Base cards needed to complete set = 4

Average number of dupes of cards that I do have = No less than 5, usually 8-12.

Creepy that not once did I hit that run of 4 cards. I will pull those 4 one day, oh yes, they will be mine. >>

Funny you say that.....i bought an ENTIRE CASE, 4 blaster boxes as well.......AND SENT IN 300 cards of 10 commons (thats right i ended up pulling 30 each of 10 commons in my case....way to go topps on that colation) ........ AND DIDNT PULL/GET ONE SINGLE BARRY BONDS IN 2005 TOPPS HERITAGE. Now from what they say its NOT supposed to be a "SP"......but ya could have FOOLED ME
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I hope they don't all have the yellow/white lettering. They have to mix it up.

I had been torn between a case of Bowman Heritage, which looks great and has rookies, and waiting for Topps Heritage, but this pic made up my mind for me. I am torn now between opening a case or two and just using the cash to chase a black-border set.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    I'm havin' doubts about the late February release date. When you check future releases at the Topps site they don't list Heritage on their calendar. Makes me wonder. However, a news release from Topps still indicates a release date of 2/27/06. I'm hoping the calendar was an oversight. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    The reallt weird part is that I probably bought 100 or so packs in TX, 150 or so in California, and the rest as retail returns from ebay, so no geographical difference.

Helionaut - if you're serious about a black bordered set, I'd say a conservative estimate if you want to pay fair market price for the cards is an average of $20-25 each.

20 x 110 = Hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I only know of one or two folks who are even close to having a complete set of 05 blacks, and they both paid premiums for some of the cards. Perfect example of a marathon and not a sprint - I'm perfectly happy to pick them up for $12 or less - Just picked an 04 common dupe for $6 shipped or so, so there are deals to be had, if Tony Batista cards make your pants gp crazy.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Uh, no, 20*110 = 2200. Not too bad for a set with only 57 possible copies. It'll be more than that, though, probably in the $3K range. The Pujols, Ichiro, any decent rookie, many other names that have competitive collectors behind them, usually go for $50+, last year's Bonds was going for over $100, and rarely have I seen any go for under $10. But I like collecting low serial numbered sets (see sig), and don't mind taking years to do it. And with 57 copies in a heavily broken set it's actually going to be a lot more plentiful than other sets I am working on, and a lot more feasible to complete it. While I don't have martinstereo dollars, I don't need to. It'll all come down to how nice they look, and what else attracts my attention in the next 2 months.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    They look good to me- Stone and I had dinner last week and were lamenting the wide borders. Now they've fixed them I"m down for a case- and should probably try and finish the '05 set and start on the earlier ones.
    Kuhlman, are you taking case orders yet?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Thank God...

Although, I'm a bit torn...I was hoping to avoid the heritage craze this year but those look absolutely beautiful!

Cornholio-I thought your comment was hilarious. That was always my complaint with 57 Topps as well. But Ryan (lothar) has swayed me in our many conversations debating the credentials of 57 Topps Baseball. Anyone with that much passion for something has to get you excited. And I have to admit, when I see nice copies (My 57 Koufax comes to mind) they are tough to beat. This looks like a great set and it comes out just in time for me to pick up a case or two. Perfect!

Does anyone still need anything from 05? I have a 5000+ ct box full of commons. I still need a handful of chromes. I'd be happy to send a stack of cards to anyone who needs them. Assuming you need more than one or two cards.

Mudflap, if you have a list of the 4 you need, I'm sure you know them by heart anyway, let me know and I'll pull the best copies I have for you.

Let the countdown begin... image

-Josh
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see what topps is going to do with the rookies. They way is seems now, there will be little to no rookies
    in 2006 heritage. Keep that in mind when buying it. Topps has the option of making a rookie insert set in order to get guys in the
    set who are not on MLB rosters, but I think this would be laim.

We will be able to tell alot more by seeing a regular topps brand checklist...that should be available soon

Kevin
  • Options
    They look spectacular. I do wish, however, that they would leave the "heritage" logo off of the card fronts. That has always killed the product for me. I'll post some magazine scans of some cool '57 reprints a bit later without any additional clutter. You'll see what I mean.
    That said, I'll be doing these in volume.

dgf
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Helionaut - if you're serious about a black bordered set, I'd say a conservative estimate if you want to pay fair market price for the cards is an average of $20-25 each.

20 x 110 = Hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    >>

·p_A·