Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1950 Roy Rogers..just got back from PSA!!

Here is a recent submission...picked up and 8 card raw lot and submitted this one, all are about the same cond!

Comments

• 66CUDA,

Very nice ! from the scan it looks much nicer than a 6

Free lunch at buger king to anyone who knows the name of dog behind him. (ya gotta come to ohio to collect) image

Thank you 1966CUDA

YOUR FRIEND, LEE
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I know the horse is Trigger...is the dog Trigger Jr.?? image

Actually...Bullet The Wonder Dog!!!!
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    Roy's dog was named Bullet, but that's not Bullet on the card.. Bullet was a german shepherd.. image
    ·p_A·
  • HEY P.A.

whew !! Hope your right, that daggone CUDA almost cost me a buy one - get one free coupon !! image

Gotta remember,,,,,,, jus cause i don`t know,,,,,,,,, don`t mean someone don`t know !!!!

LEE
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>HEY P.A.

whew !! Hope your right, that daggone CUDA almost cost me a buy one - get one free coupon !! image

Gotta remember,,,,,,, jus cause i don`t know,,,,,,,,, don`t mean someone don`t know !!!!

LEE >>

my post was before cuda's edit.. image
    ·p_A·
  • What ??

well, i`m a man of my word.

1966cuda come on, i`ve had this coupon for nearly 5 years now. I guess it`s time to cash er in.

now ya just have to guess which burger king i`ll be at image

ohio ain`t that big now !!!

LEE
    Yeah..I was editing while you were posting PA....i went to "ask jeeves" and got the answer! I was too youg for Roy Rogers..but i do have a bunch of his comics (never read them...just picked them up to have a few years ago with about 10,000 other comics....my wife LUVS me for that pickup!!!
  • Nice card of Roy. I have a few Rogers sets graded but not registered (1955 In Old Amarillo and South of Caliente and the 1958 Kane color series). All of mine are English as well. Its interesting how there were more sets from England than America of Roy.
  • I was in England in 1952. I remember going to one of his films. The show was packed and there were pictures of Roy and Trigger everywhere. There was a huge fascination with the American West in England.
    Greg
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were early heroes for me; 1954, '55 - I was 4 or 5 and they were Gods to me. Thanks for the memories.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Finally had time to make some scans of the Rogers sets. The color ones have Bullet. I may have to do this in two scans.

I remember watching a Roy Rogers show on Saturday mornings in the mid-60's. It was probably 10 years old or so then. But it had Roy riding horses, fighting bad guys and having gun fights...but also had this knucklehead driving a jeep named Nelly Belle. It confused me that they were shooting at each other at a time when there were cars. Oh well.

• Here are the other two.

Cuda- Is that the same set that has the card of the Three Stooges and Abbott and Costello?

Keith- I'm not sure, I picked up the 8 card lot of the Rogers card...dont have any others from the set! Sorry-Claude
  • Ohhhhhhhh, so it was 8 cards of the same card. Now I get it. If I remember correctly this set only has about 12 cards in it to begin with.

Still, great action card!
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Dale Evans had great fashion sense
  • I agree about Dale. You just dont see enough women these days with six shooter and ammo strapped around their waist.