Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

More opinions needed............Please

Please evualuate my site below; I am looking for comments/crticism's. If you want to make a purchase, please don't buy anything with $0.00 price tag, I hope the prices are right, If it's too low it's probably a mistake, But I will leave up to your good heart to tell me. Go ahead and fire away, I want to open for business again on Jan 1. So I could really use any input. Thanks. This is not spam, I really want your input, on appearence, ease of use, searchability, pricing, etc. I know I need images and I hope to adding them shortly. This is not spam I really am just looking for opinions.
My ebay store IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY

Comments

• Options
    I always enjoy a web site that allows me to search by Player, rather than having to browse page after page looking for someone. Having a key-in area to search for a given player makes it nice. Good luck!
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi...

I think it's a very nice site with easy searching of players. Off hand the only thing I would look at changing is the font type on the main page. It is not that easy on the eyes and a bit difficult to read. Other than that a very nice site. Good luck with it. image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Very nice, I just added you to our links section under Dealers. Good luck with your site.
  • Options
    Thanks, divecchia, I changed the front page font, It should be easier reading now.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks, divecchia, I changed the front page font, It should be easier reading now. >>

Your welcome...

Much easier to read now.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Looks like Steve Verkmans page. All in all, a nice job and easy to navigate.......
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For your trading policy - which seems innovative - I think you should specify whether you are using low Beckett, high Beckett, Tuff Stuff, SCD big book, or SMR (for graded), etc. Just takes a line or two, and will save you many questions down the road.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Nice site... In addition to Bosox's feedback, I suggest you make it a "clean" 50-50. Half on trade and half of defined book. This eliminates the additional calculations and makes your opening proposition consistent and easy to understand. The minor margin erosion on your 40% scenario will be made up in volume by making the whole thing easier for your audience and prospective buyer to understand. IMO and Good luck.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Bosox:Good Advice, I included beckett, checkout instructions, & graded cards.
    Dirty Harry: I do offer 50% of purchase price in trade. Is that not clearly written/explained? Do I need to fix that?
    & All: thanks for the comments please keep them coming, please.
    You will be able to say someday, I knew them when.............................LOLimage
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Homer - my quick review of your site indicated you take 50% in trade, yet 40% of book on trade. That's what I'm talking about. Did I read it correctly? Make it a clean 50-50.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also - your grading scale lacks any information on centering - probably the most important feature for a card to look truly great (for most collectors).

In addition, the idea of scanning only $50+ cards may hurt you; I don't think I'd go much above $5 sight unseen, unless I was very familiar (and satisfied) with your grading being equal to mine. Particularly with no centering information. Would give you a competitive edge.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Both excellent points and I will correct in the morning. Thanks. and keep any and all comments coming.
  • Options
    Dirty Harry, Good advice, I fixed that. Bosox, I am working on images but would rather have listings in place rather than images. Plus I guarentee your satisfaction on every item or your money back.
  • Options
    bump; any and all help/ideas appreciated. image
  • Options
    I checked it out, my first impressions are positive. My only question is are the prices incorrect in the sense that some are too high? I found many instances of graded cards priced at 2x the SMR value. If anything I'd expect them to be right at or below the SMR value. I took into consideration scarcity as well but with the cards I was looking at it wasn't the case. Just my 2 cents for now. Will look more later.
  • Options
    the site is easy to adapt to....and yes...looks just like Steve Verkmans....a product of strictlymint.com (gletech.com) I'm sure...Mike does a good job!!
  • Options
    Good site ! Iwould add as many pics as possible. That's what draws me !