Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

dmplrainbow banned!

HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
It's about time!
or at least suspended...
I must admit I am a little sad since it meant the retraction of a $299 bid on one of my coins,thus reducing it to $227.image

Comments

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened with one of the auctions I was bidding on and apparently so was he. The price was lowered from $100 to $66 once he was bammed!

What's the deal with him (why is he gone)?
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, what did this guy do? He seems to have pretty good feedback in the last 12 months.
  • Options
    Here's one thread about him.

He's a regular scammer: he edits pictures of his toned certified coins to make them look better than they really are,he sells raw "DMPL" morgans that are really polished up,he also does quite a bit of artificial toning as well;just to name a few of his offenses...
  • Options
    but...but...but...he's a Powerseller................image
  • Options
    He does have pretty good feedback but that is only because he was able to work things out with the buyers who didn't want his junk.You can view their mutally withdrawn feedback here:Link-dmplrainbow
  • Options

<< <i>but...but...but...he's a Powerseller................image >>

Yes,his multiple offenses must have finally caused eBay to give him the boot.Either that or he didn't pay his eBay fees.
  • Options
    I told you Hayden.....I told you image
  • Options

<< <i>I told you Hayden.....I told you image >>

Yep!image

I'm going to miss his bidding though,he always came on strong.image
  • Options
    Geez,that coinspeculator has way to many threads!image
  • Options

I like this one feedback the best!

Coin Returned, Money Refunded
    Buyer madmartyk ( 3360) Feb-11-02 15:11 1295897312
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    This guy always seems to be reinstated within a couple of days so it must be over his account payment.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    Could this be the reason dmplrainbow is no longer a registered user?

I want to call your attention to an Ebay Powerseller that is continuing to flaunt the Ebay coin community with deceptive selling practices and now blatant shill bidding AGAIN. He was NARUed several months ago when Ebay could no longer ignore his shill bidder “diggler1011”, but now he is back at it again using an alternate userid of “gary.philips”. Item # 8362571427 was put up for auction by gary.philips and twenty minutes later the same item as shown by the picture was entered by “dmplrainbow” on item #8362581212. Now dmplrainbow is bidding on his own coins which can be easily observed by looking at item number 8362393861 or several others of gary.phillips auctions.
  • Options
    I didn't think ebay acted on shill bidder complaints any more. I reported these guy three times with no action taken nor even a "sorry there is not enough evidence to take action" response by ebay. I'm really scratching my head as to why they choose to disregard such a blatantly obvious racket. Couldn't be the fees could it?

mwlizzie bidding activity
    scardinal bidding activity
    simplycoins! bidding activity
  • Options

<< <i>Could this be the reason dmplrainbow is no longer a registered user?

I want to call your attention to an Ebay Powerseller that is continuing to flaunt the Ebay coin community with deceptive selling practices and now blatant shill bidding AGAIN. He was NARUed several months ago when Ebay could no longer ignore his shill bidder “diggler1011”, but now he is back at it again using an alternate userid of “gary.philips”. Item # 8362571427 was put up for auction by gary.philips and twenty minutes later the same item as shown by the picture was entered by “dmplrainbow” on item #8362581212. Now dmplrainbow is bidding on his own coins which can be easily observed by looking at item number 8362393861 or several others of gary.phillips auctions. >>

His shill bidding has been mentioned before,you could write a whole book about him!image
  • Options
    He had several names over the last 2 yrs- he is pond scum- I did win an auction and the coin still smelled of an acetone (cheapy stuff) bath- not whizzed but made the coin look dmpl- he got his coin- I got ALL my money and he kept quiet.

If he comes back again- he should be 86'd instantly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file