Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jeff Reardon charged with armed robbery.

ESPN.com

What a goon. What do you think? Gambling? Bankrupt? He musta done SOMETHIN' to go through the nearly $12 million he made in his playing days.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chances are good it's either gambling or drugs.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Will this keep him out of the Hall?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I heard that on the news last night. From what I understand, he had just lost his 20 year old son. When he was caught, they said he was really disoriented and appeared out of his mind. If this is the case, he may have gone over the edge (not that that's an excuse for what he did).
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Delete [double post]
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this rack on ebay - will this hurt his RC popularity?

Anyone do the 81 set in high grade?
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I saw this rack on ebay - will this hurt his RC popularity? >>

His RC popularity was pretty brief to begin with. It only got popular when he became the all-time saves leader.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Nah, he will be in HOF.

When monkeys fly out of my a$$...

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    awesome.. his popularity just increased with me..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    From what I understand, he had just lost his 20 year old son.

That I can assure everyone sucks.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>awesome.. his popularity just increased with me.. >>

Mike
  • Options
    Can anyone recall the last time a reliever was "caught stealing" ?
  • Options

<< <i>From what I understand, he had just lost his 20 year old son.

That I can assure everyone sucks.

Steve >>

i can only imagine, Steve.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Funny thing is, if he needed cash, I'm sure just about any show promotor would have been happy to add him to an autograph line up.

Now he's facing a different kind of line up.
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if he will have a mugshot like Nick Nolte had? What are the odds on him having a ZZ Top style beard?
  • Options
    Seems it was the death of his son that may have caused a pyscotic episode as Jeff turned himself in within minutes of doing the "robber"

Not being a DR. I am only stating what i heard a moment ago as he has been on some anti depressents and they may have caused the episode.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Is anyone surprised at another rich and pampered athlete breaking the law? These thugs and their bling bling are paid MILLIONS to play a game, yet can't stay out of trouble.

I'm so sick of these 'me first' players who care nothing about the team and only themselves. From Ron Artest jumping into stands and attacking fans to Terrell Owens single handedly DESTROYING the Eagles season, these athletes are out of control!!!

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    I am generally a law and order type guy. But, in a case where the guy is distraught and on meds and nobody really got hurt, I am in favor of some leniency. If it is found that he has squandered his millions on drugs or gambling and stole to finance his habit, throw the book at him.

But if he still has tons of money and no reason to steal a lousy $170 I would chalk it up to a psychotic episode and get the guy into some heavy duty treatment.

• Options
    Couldn't agree with you more williplett. This is a man begging for help. He lost a son and, according to reports, he had a heart procedure just last week. Considering, he has no record, I would chalk this up to the meds. Get him some help, not a long prison sentence.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    He still lives in Palm Beach.

He is either a smart bum who knows where to go during the cold months or still has money.
  • Options
    I second that wiiliplett. Right on.
    If you have a moment, please check out our E-bay auctions.
    our e-bay auctions

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Well said Willi....this man is to be pitied not demeaned (at least as the facts now stand). Hope he can get some help--I was a big fan of his when he pitched for the Expos.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    I lost my brother and my father this year and I'm not out robbing innocent people.

treat him like any other criminal I say
  • Options

<< <i>I lost my brother and my father this year and I'm not out robbing innocent people. >>

well arent you special and unique?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    No, I'm not special and unique...there are many people out there dealing with personal adversity and they are not commiting felonies.

Everyone has assumed that his recent criminal activity is due to the death of his son. Why would the loss of a loved one propel someone into a life of crime? Doesnt make sense. His need for quick cash must be based on something else.

Just my opinion, coming from a law enforcement backgroud.
  • Options
    Jim

You missed what was said.

he was on anti depressants and that MAY have caused the episode.

either he took too many or they produced a chemical inbalance.

That was what will and i were saying.

The guy has no monetary problems from what I have heard.

Steve

edited to say: The loss of a child can provoke people into doing things they would not other wise do
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I understand that the meds may have caused this.

From the 3 or 4 sites I've read, the prevailing theme is that the loss of his son is the direct cause. It seemed that this thread was leaning in that direction, hence my response.

Either way, I'm sure the powers that be will handle it in the correct manner.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing the Mug Shot & police report on the Smoking Gun web site (not there yet, but I guarantee you they are working on it).
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm looking forward to seeing the Mug Shot & police report on the Smoking Gun web site (not there yet, but I guarantee you they are working on it). >>

·p_A·
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Wig??

Stingray
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    His hair weave looks like business up front. I wonder if he has a party going on in the back?