Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone else get their cards stolen over the holiday?

Got this email today...

Dear Ebay Customer,

Sometime over this past weekend our office was broken into and many items were stolen including all of our ebay inventory. The ebay items that were stolen were all items that had not been shipped yet because we had not yet received payment. We are sending you this email because according to our records we have not received payment from you. Unfortunately your card(s) to be were stolen and we aren?t able to fulfill your order. When we receive payment we will either return payment to you or shred your payment, whatever you prefer. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope you?ll understand during this difficult time for us. Please do not hesitate to contact me either by email or by telephone (805) 987-3055.

Andy Madec
Andy Madec Sportscards, Inc.

Did anyone else here get this message about their recent auction wins?

Comments

• Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Yes, other collectors got the same email...........you are not alone.
  • Options
    THAT SUCKS!!!! Andy is a first rate stand up guy and doesnt deserve something like this happening to him. I hope they catch the scum that did this to him and string him up by his nose.image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that is awful, any idea how much inventory was stolen?
  • Options
    Whew! I've been holding my breath waiting to recieve that email ever I since I read this post. But my card arrived today - shipped 12/23.
    John Vineyard

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Happily, I just received my cards from Andy.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options

I received the same message. I've bought from Andy in the past and will recommended him to anyone. I hope those responsible are caught.
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I have paid for three items well over a month ago, haven't recieved items or email. Can't recommend at this time
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Did you ever bother to call him? The guy has a website with his phone number all over it, but you don't call. Amazing,!! But i'll bet if you had cards at PSA waiting to be graded you will have worn out the numbers on the key pad.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭
  • Options
    I hope the criminals are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Earlier this year I won a card from one of his auctions and waited about a month for the card - i mailed payment the day after the auction ended. I e-mailed him several times, but it still took way to long for the card to arrive. The card is beautiful but there was no excuse for the very slow shipping - at least none that were ever explained to me.
    Kosmo
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Kosmo, that hardly makes him a criminal. I had a similar experience once with him, and I didn't get my cards until 6 weeks later and a couple of phone calls. I did receive an apology and free shipping and have never had a problem with Andy since. There is truth to the statement that he seems to be somewhat disorganized at times though, and that really shouldn't be an excuse. You do need to ship the cards pretty much right away once payment is received.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Smallstocks I think kosmo was referring to the people that burglarized Andy as the criminals not Andy.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    That really stinks. Nobody deserves that to happen to them and especially not Andy. Andy is one of the good guys in this hobby.