Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Isn't it about time for sellers to mention that a PSA 9 is a qualifier in their Title on ebay?

Here is an important card that as a PSA 9 qualifier may be worth $30-$50, but as a PSA 9, may be worth $400+! Isn't it about time ebay make sellers reveal the correct PSA grade in the title?

Mark Messier 1980 O-Pee-Chee #289 PSA 9 MINT Oilers (BUT IT IS REALLY A PSA OC!)

rbd

edit: P.S. Season's Greetings!

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Here is an important card that as a PSA 9 qualifier may be worth $30-$50, but as a PSA 9, may be worth $400+! Isn't it about time ebay make sellers reveal the correct PSA grade in the title?

Mark Messier 1980 O-Pee-Chee #289 PSA 9 MINT Oilers (BUT IT IS REALLY A PSA OC!)

rbd

edit: P.S. Season's Greetings! >>

That could be a solution or maybe PSA can eliminate qualifier grades. I have also disliked qualifiers.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    People like to say don't buy the holder, but buy the card. I don't think I would buy either. Both are completely ugly(older holder).
  • Options
    I love the fact there are qualifiers on PSA cards. It seems I'm in the minority. But a PSA 8oc is very descriptive. Whereas a PSA 6 could be a PSA 8oc or a card with good centering but PSA 6 corners. The MKs are also crucial for me. GAI and SGC don't mark MKs on their card, I guess they just decrease the grade accordingly. But sometimes the mark is tough to see, so it's good to know exactly why the card was graded lower. If the card was in a GAI/SGC holder, you may not know if it is tough to see the mk.
  • Options
    I rember them and I don't bid on any of their auctions if they don't list it.
  • Options
    It's annoying. I don't know what they're trying to accomplish...it's not like they're going to fool you.

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I really the information that qualifiers give...i wouldnt even mind having more qualifiers.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    most annoying thing i find. immeadiately tells you a lot about the character/ethics of the seller who refuses to tell the whole truth. they should call the proverbial spade a spade and let the chips fall where they may. i often email them and ask them if the card is off center and if so why didn't they list it that way. i get very few responses.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    How about this auction.......a nice lot of PSA 9s???..............No the four pictured are all OC!!.............but low and behold it doesn't say so anywhere in the auction desription
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    PSA 9...or is it....

I clicked on this about a minute ago...looks OC to me.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    At least those sellers can count to 9. How about this seller. Advertising a PSA 10 a no where does he tell the truth of the actual grade. If fact he gives you a couple paragraphs about the players accomplishments. Anyone not heard of Sandy Koufax
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    I find it really annoying too, but I doubt it'll ever change. What I find most annoying is when a seller quotes SMR or POP reports for straight grades when selling a qualified card.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Another thing I hate is sellers who put "PSA GRADED" in the auction title without even specifying the grade. In my experience it is invariably off-grade cards they do this with, so I don't even bother clicking anymore.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I lose sleep over this practice.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Remember the old PSA? that sellers would place in the title, I believe that Ebay does not allow that practice anymore.

Stingray