Home Stamps Forum
Options

Scott #1 and #2........

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
Always wanted to snag this pair.....

are there any Reputable dealers/people that regularly handle these? I would have to have them "Slabbed" since I know basically nothing about stamps.

Comments

• Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Regency/Superior's Stamphall monthly auctions always has multiple #1's and usually #2's. Their site is www.regencystamps.com. Most dealers will have several #1's; fewer of the #2's. The APS site, stamps.org, will list many dealers. There are lots for reputable dealers and I believe there was an earlier thread of listing some. If you are looking for specimens already graded/certified, expect to pay a premium. Are you looking for superb examples or just the stamp to fill a slot. Pen cancels and other things decrease the value dramatically so get the knowledge before laying down the cash. Some people like pen cancels; others detest them; but it does decrease the value. Reputable dealers make mistakes too and might have missed a fault/flaw.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but there is a major dealer that only deals in graded/cert stamps. If you like the #1 and #2, have you considered getting the #3 and #4 to make the set.

Here's a link to Posner's site for some graded issues;
    gary posner
  • Options
    Gary Posner is really good. Nice stamps! Why nr 1 & 2 ? Also, for the nr. 1, there is a a, b, c and nr. 2 has a couple different varieties. I want a pair of Un and U of scott nr. 39!!

Jerry
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I always liked the Graf Zeppelins too.

has anyone sold un upsidedown biplane in recent years? what did it fetch?
  • Options
    Yes, but not me. I'll try to find the article. But a block of 4 was recently sold and made the news. I believe a NY finacier/stock guru of some sort bought it or traded for it. They are affectionally referred to as Jennys'

Jerry