Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Upgrade grading question

What do you guys think of the possibility that these coins get upgraded? They were graded MS67 back in 1999 when they were real strict and I think that they look a lot better than that. I’ve seen coins in MS68 holders that have look a lot worse than what I have here. But you guys be the judge and let me know. Am I wasting my time or not?
Thanks
Dave

1999P CT MS67

1999P CT MS67

1999D DE MS67

1999D DE MS67

1999D PA MS67

1999D PA MS67

Comments

• Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    The photos did not show the luster. Unless any has mind-blower luster, I won't waste any money to try any upgrade. Chances are very remote.
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    Send them in if you feel they are better than graded the worse that can happen is they come back just as they are and if you don't upgrade any you are out $50.00 if just one upgrades you are way ahead . The moral is do it or always wonder what could have been. BTW I have sent several 1999's in for regrading and have had few upgrade. image
    FORMER # 1 NOW # 3 ON ALL TIME FINEST CLAD QUARTER COLLECTION

PCGS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Ed
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Too many small ticks IMO (i.e. they look correctly graded).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Tough call. If you really feel that the MS68 coins had the same or less in lustre or the had more ticks than yours then maybe it is worth it. Also compair hairlines.

Like someone else said, worst case is you will be out $50. If this does not hurt you financially then it is worth it to know. You might get lucky on one.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    They all look like nice 67's to me, image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think any of them will make MS68. I don't have the POPs but there are only a hand full of 1999 MS68's.
  • Options
    imagePcgs is tough, tough, tough on Ms68 coins. I personally don't feel that they will upgrade. However, if only one does, then it's well worth the effort. If you don't mind spending the extra $ 50.00, then you will at least never have to guess if one, or more coins would have made the grade.