Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

83 topps box break (fb) not bad at all!

for the price ($50) this is a very fun year. considering '84 will cost you a TON.

here are some of the cards I pulled:

was well worth the price IMHO. Also got a few other notables, such as Allen team leader card, Payton team leader card, a couple allen stickers, and a Bradshaw sticker.

if anyone wants teh cards, they are available. Also I have a question. Is that little T shaped mark on some of the cards a grade affecter? Like, for instance, on that Anderson? I noticed it on maybe 25 or 50 of the common cards. Not sure what the deal is with that little mark. I am not building a set, so commons are also.
thanks
John
Collecting
HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

That McMahon looks gorgeous! I have busted a ton of 83 and I always enjoy it. There are a lot of rookies and HOFers.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I could use the following cards if you have them:

#49-Ed "Too Tall" Jones
    #160-Tootie Robbins
    #324-Patriots Team Leaders
    #328-Tony Collins

Please let me know.
    Thanks,
    James

p.s. nice pulls!
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭✭
    James,
    I have Pats team leaders (mint), collins (nm/m) and too tall (centered a little high)

If you'd like to pay, say, $.50 shipping, I could get them headed your way! let me know.
    John

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome to me. Many thanks!
    PM sent.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    How is the back on that McMahon? zef is right that card is downright gorgeous!!
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    How did you manage to get a box that hadn't been sitting in a hot warehouse forever? Seems like anytime I buy the wax boxes, I eat 3 or 4 cards in each pack due to gum indents and horrible stains.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    the box was labelled on ebay as a 'case fresh' box. the seller now has another box up for auction, so I imagine it really is out of a case. the mcmahon is pretty nice, not 10 nice though. psa 8 or 9. if anyone wants it, let me know!
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Hey Ahman, nice cards !

I am currently trying to build the 83 football and am fifth in the registry.

About that little print mark or cross hatch or whatever it is that you are referring to, I have seen them on hundreds of cards, I think it is some kind of mark topps used to line up the sheets when they printed or cut them although I could be wrong. I have a few nine's with the mark on them but have never seen a ten with one on it, not to say that one couldnt get through.

If you ever find the Ken Anderson record breaker card(card # 1) that you think would grade nine or ten let me know, that has been one tough card for me to find in that shape.

• Options
    my anderson's were about psa 8 or 7. they are tough I guess.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS