Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Won some interesting items! Ever see a Granny Goose card in PSA 10? Well, here it is:

I loaded-up my guns, my powder was dry, and take a look at what I won! If anyone has some information about Granny Goose cards, would be greatly appreciated!

1. 1982 Granny Goose Billy Martin #1 A's PSA 10 (DOES HE LOOK LIKE SONNY BONO? LOL!)

2. 1982 Granny Goose Rickey Henderson A's PSA 9 (Wow! The Seller is tossing-in the other 13 cards in this Granny Goose set to me for free! Nice!)

3. 1980 opc GUY LAFLEUR #10 PSA 10

4. 1972 O-PEE-CHEE #432 Clarence Gaston IA PSA MINT 9

5. 1966 OPC Jim Lefebvre #57 Dodgers PSA 9

6. 1975 OPC Charlie Hough #71 Dodgers PSA 9

7. 1975 OPC Don Hahn #182 NY Mets PSA 9 Mint

8. 1982 OPC Pete Rose #361 Phillies PSA 9

edit: Plus a nice lot of (13) of 1977 OPC Hockey PSA 9's

rbd

Comments

• Options
    Nice looking Martin card! What I know about Granny Goose is they were a potato chip/food manufacturer in Oakland. I think they closed down in Oakland several years ago--not sure. Can't tell you anything other than that.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on those Granny'simage I was watching them today and was considering bidding on them, but in the end, decided against it.

Steve
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    wish i wouldve seen the Billy.. i woulda thrown a bid on it..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Complete set for around $50 with the keys in 9 & 10 - can't really do any better. Good for you.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i have a complete set, i submitted the slightly oc henderson hoping to steal a 9, it got an 8.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Granny Goose released A's cards two years I believe (81 and 82? or 82 and 83?) with the first year being much more rare. Both years hard to get without grease stains! I believe the cards were only released in NoCal. I have the '82 set and all mine are tilted, OC, etc.... I would say they are in close running with '81 Donruss on overall quality control! We did a family car trip to NoCal that summer and I ate a TON of potato chips on that trip!!!