Home Metal Detecting

have'nt dug one of these in a long time

hard to believe, but i think this is my first merc dime all year. found at a spot where i got a barber dime 2 weeks ago.

Comments

• I have still not found a silver coin. I like that key. I find a lot of keys. What year is the wheatie? Can you tell what year the dime is?
    imageimage
  • as luck would have it, can't get a date on either coin. they both have some damage to them. strange looking key too. i think it dates to around the 1950's.

i think silver coins are definatly getting harder to find. back in the 1980's it was pretty easy to find silvers. the best advice i can give is dig everything. being in an older spot helps too. personally, i try to avoid any area not older than 80 years or more. i would rather walk all day for a barber or older than a handful of 1920's or newer coins.
  • Nice find's DD,the key look's like it might be a safety deposit box key.HH,Tom
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i would rather walk all day for a barber or older than a handful of 1920's or newer coins. >>

Cheer up, COTC- there's a piece of silver out there with your name on it- just stay the course and keep at it! You'll eventually need to be changin' that icon picture. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Thanks, LM, but even if I find a humdinger of a coiin, I'll stick with my poptop. I love my icon.
    imageimage
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly appropriate for all of us, no matter how "silvered" we are. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Neat looking "key". image