Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Photo of my 1921-D Merc!

My son picked up a Nikon D50. Here is a photo of the 1921-D I picked up at the last Heritage sale. Although I need to work with the camera a little more, the photo is much better than the one on Heritages Site and my original image. Thanks Adam!
Second try! 11/19/05.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very, very nice coin.

Jon
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony,

nice dime - nice kid image
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the photo is much better than the one on Heritages Site

I don't think they are capable of taking super photos at this stage - they are way too big - you gotta see the coin in hand or take a chance. You did good I see.

marc
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Nice Merc, were you able to try a tri-pod on this? Also is there any color in the toning? You might try moving the light around a little to see if you can capture some.

I have seen some excellent shots with the D50 so hopfully you will get a chance to play around a little more.

Good stuff.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I did the image again with a tripod and with the white balance set. The coin has some maroon and green colors, and lots of flash! This is probably the best I am able to do at this point, but give me some time, and I think they will get better!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay