Home Metal Detecting
Options

Return to the 5 hour clad hunt

I just had to return this spot because I knew that I did not get my horizonatal patten down real close like I usually do. I didn't leave much of a trail in the short grass. I hunted for 3 more hours. I went the vertical pattern and added a little area. I wasn't disapointed. I set my discriminator down a notch hopeing for gold. And I found it. A nice mans 14K wedding band. I need to borrow a camera and post a photo. This was the only piece of jewelry that I found. I thought the I might find sterling but I didn't. I added a bunch more clad to my total. There did seem to be a lot of dimes on edge this time for whatever reason.

cents--------61
nickels-------21
dimes--------20
quarters-----33

About the only trash in the area was pull tabls and the aluminum lines from sport bottles. Who ever mows does a good job of not shreding cans. I'm sure that at some point I'll go back and go diagonal.

Comments

• Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Holy crap! I cant believe the amount of clad you've pulled from that area.

<< <i>I set my discriminator down a notch hoping for gold. And I found it. A nice mans 14K wedding band. >>

How can you make it seem so easy?!? image

How about a pic of the location sometime? You could almost make a crappy living doing this PPC!

Joe
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector