Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New World Coin Book problem?

Just looking into the new Krause on Amazon book

I don't like this does it means no Euros?

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I wonder if they are going to come out this a 2001 - date catalogue?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Interesting. I wonder if they are going to come out this a 2001 - date catalogue? >>

I'd bet on it image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Oh great. Another $65 down the drain then.

Love the books, hate the price.

And Mom is tapped out I think.

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    It is getting hard to keep up with all of the books that are coming out, but I think KP had to do something like this sooner or later given the size of the 2006 edition.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Can someone recommend a good world coin book which has photos and prices for 1900-Present..thanks !!
  • Options
    Yeah the 2002 edition Of the Standard Catalog of World Coins. Later editions may have some of the more recent coins, but I don't know if they can be called "Good" since then they are FuLL of errors, and more and more of the pictures are disappearing, some countries haven had the new material added for several years etc..
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    If it weren't for the fact that the pricing has changed considerably in many areas (in quite a few cases due to the declining status of the dollar), I'd still use my 1996 Krause, which still was 1801- present in one volume.

I so rarely look up anything after 1950 that 75% of the 2006 tome is useless to me... just weight to lug around.

If they're splitting at 2000, does that mean that they will go and PUT BACK ALL THE PICTURES OF CLASSIC MATERIAL THAT THEY TOOK OUT TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE MODERN SH*T???

I'm not holding my breath. image
  • Options
    Thanks Conder!
  • Options
    If they're splitting at 2000, does that mean that they will go and PUT BACK ALL THE PICTURES OF CLASSIC MATERIAL THAT THEY TOOK OUT TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE MODERN SH*T???

Furthermore: all the NCLT needs to be left out, or better still: put the NCLT a new catalog. Hm. I bet they could make more money by selling two catalogs for moderns (1901 and later): one for circ., and one for NCLT.

Life got you down? Listen to John Coltrane.