Home Metal Detecting
Options

My first hunt......

So I went to WalMart today and bought a $200 Bounty Hunter. Without reading the instructions I put in some batteries and went hunting in a buddies yard. The house is about 110 years old, so I thought that I might be able to find something. I found 1 pull tab, 1 bent nail, and an old water faucet handle. I finally decided that I needed to read the instructions and give it another try later. I am posting a pic of my first find here. I know that it is garbage, but I am going to hang onto it. Pretty boring post here I know, but I thought I would share anyway.
Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.--Heraclitus, 5 B.C.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm.

A blank post.

I take it your first hunt was not all that successful?

That's often the case. Stick with it!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Ok....I fixed it. Sorry
    Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.--Heraclitus, 5 B.C.
  • Options
    Sarge, on my first hunt, I thought my $800.00 metal detector could only find nails. I have had a lot of fun since and have some better finds.

When I was in high school, my nickname was sarge. I also used “The Sergeant of the Night” as a radio name when I worked as a disk jockey at KPOD, in Crescent City California.
    imageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Hey Sarge,
    I was also a Sarge 1/101FA.
    Keep at it and the good stuff will come. I've had many days of finding even less than you did. I also consider old faucet handles as good finds.
  • Options
    Sarge-
    I was so anxious to see what was under that link. It is a positive start at least. I'm sure good stuff will come. I started out with a Landstar myself.