Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Hey Shiroh!!! original packaging!

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groovy.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Gotta love the winner's eBay name and 2 second snipe.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Four out of five bidders showed up in the last 7 seconds.

There's proof, if anyone needs it, that when you snipe you must shoot your absolute best shot.
    Roy

• XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Four out of five bidders showed up in the last 7 seconds.

There's proof, if anyone needs it, that when you snipe you must shoot your absolute best shot. >>

I concer............
  • JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely STUNNING PIECE.

I have a Centennial Book 3" thick loaded with Engravings,, but no Expo Medals...
  • BSBS Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    That's really cool. I love the box.

• << <i>Gotta love the winner's eBay name and 2 second snipe.image >>

I could have tried for a 0 second, but I didn't want to take the chance. image
    I've been looking for an original one of these for quite a while. Shiroh helped me find my first HK-20 medal by itself. After that I saw one in its box and had to have it, but I missed by a mile. That was at least a couple years ago. When this one showed up and I found out there was even more to the package, I wasn't going to miss. image
    imageimageimage
  • shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Wow-- those things have really gone up in price! image

A couple years back I was second highest bidder on one in the $120 range. When I went to Long Beach I saw the winner had it for sale at $225. I tried to talk him down, but he stayed firm on the price. I had no idea they'd become so sought after. image

Spiny, your medal appears to be free of the wiping most went through. Look at the ones that come up for auction. Most I have seen have their centers obviously wiped while they were still in the cases, thus the edges still look original.
    Obscurum per obscurius