Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Purchase: 1894-O NGC AU-58 Morgan Dollar -- Photos

StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here's a coin that has taken me a while to find in choice original AU grade. I much prefer this original look, over a dipped AU coin.

imageimage

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Comments

• I see a crossover taking place- but a nice pick up the same.

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very original surfaces on that one Stuart, the pics don't show much luster how is it in hand?

Chris
    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685
    Very nice 94 o Stuart. image
    Wayne
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wade and Wayne: Thanks for your comments on my new 1894-O Morgan Dollar. image

Chris: I have not yet received the coin, as it was purchased by auction last night. I'll let you know how she looks in person after I receive her and have a chance to examine her.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

• busco69busco69 Posts: 815 ✭✭
    Nice coin you sure have an eye for the good stuff.
    ''Coin collecting is the only hobby where you can spend all your money and still have some left''
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin, but too much wear evident for a 58. 53-55 in my opinion.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • This is a better than average piece for a 94-O. Nice, original and reasonably well struck for the date.........
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice Au morgan.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Nice slider, but I wouldn't waste money trying to cross it. AU58 should be its final grade. Its good strike defeats it since it reveals that the even wear as all wear and not strike deificiency. I bet it does have a really nice look in person though to get NGC to 58 it. The surfaces also look completely original.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Nice slider, but I wouldn't waste money trying to cross it. AU58 should be its final grade. >>

Coxe: I am considering crossing this coin to PCGS to include it in my Morgan Registry Set.

Stuart

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file