Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps
Options

how to sell stamps?

Hi all I came across a large collection of stamps. several hundred (maybe more) of them they are in boxes marked indonesia, belgium, australia, holland, sweden, bulgaria italy and some unmarked. I don't do stamps nor do I really want to (I collect coins) any advice on the best way to sell them...... should I send them to someone (any volunteers) or just go fleabay...

cheers

Rob
There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye

Comments

• Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    An easy and quick disposal and still be able to maybe get something of value is to take them to a stamp AND coin shop. They may not offer much cash for them, but they should give you higher value in trade for a coin. Also letting a stamp shop look at them will give you an idea of value before putting on eBay.

I'm still in the process of liquidating a stamp collection for an in-law. He had around $4,000 cat value. I pulled out the high values to sell separately and took the rest to a stamp and coin shop. Took around $3,000 worth of cheap stuff which contained many duplicates. Shop offered me around $200 cash. I refused and asked about a trade. Was able to get $900 as a trade so I took it. These were world-wide stamps and are not worth near cat value. Also, I didn't want to spend lots of time selling on eBay which could have netted higher profits... but this was for an in-law. image

Doug
  • Options
    hi there,depending on price,i would be interested but im in new zealand so i would need a price for them all to be sent down under.so if u wanta go to yr postoffice or watever u call them there & get a price & message me back thanks peter