Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New PCGS Attributions

Am I the only one in the collecting community that has no idea why "California" is included on the new Top 100 and Hot 50 examples PCGS shows in its advertisements?
It's A Dry Heat But So Is My Oven!!!

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because his were the only coins available when they needed something to photograph for the ads and promotion materials... because he's a MAJOR Morgan and VAM collector and PCGS knows him well... because he volunteered some of his ANACS coins for PCGS graders to "practice" doing attributions on... and because once he gets all of his coins crossed over, his will probably be the #1 sets.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    and they will probably still be obscured to the public with no picsimage
    the set I love is Rob Joyce's on the Ngc registryimage I can stare at it for hours looking at the different attributionsimage or Coxe's alsoimage
    steve

myCCset
  • Options

<< <i>Because his were the only coins available when they needed something to photograph for the ads and promotion materials... because he's a MAJOR Morgan and VAM collector and PCGS knows him well... because he volunteered some of his ANACS coins for PCGS graders to "practice" doing attributions on... and because once he gets all of his coins crossed over, his will probably be the #1 sets. >>

• Options

<< <i>Because his were the only coins available when they needed something to photograph for the ads and promotion materials... because he's a MAJOR Morgan and VAM collector and PCGS knows him well... because he volunteered some of his ANACS coins for PCGS graders to "practice" doing attributions on... and because once he gets all of his coins crossed over, his will probably be the #1 sets. >>

Is this an origin, location or person they are referencing?
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the name of one of his collections. Near as I can tell from our conversations, the various one word names he gives his sets are all geographic locations that are special to him for one reason or another.

And the sets will most likely be closed to viewing just as he -- and all of us -- are perfectly entitled to do.
    When in doubt, don't.