Home PSA Set Registry Forum

PSA/DNA graded ball problems--no help?

For those of you who collect graded balls, I'm wondering if I am the only one encountering this problem. Occasionally balls directly from PSA/DNA (and from secondary sellers on EBAY) come with the autograph in an unpresentable position. The tabs on the cube ensure that the ball hasn't been tampered with and once removed to adjust the signature can't be reattached. In the past PSA folks were keen enough to adjust the sigs and reseal the cube so that if I wanted to resell, the prospective buyer would know that no one unauthorized has tampered with the ball, accidentally damaging it while trying to present the signature in a viewable position.

NOW, PSA has decided to refuse to do the adjusting and resealing--meaning every ball cube that doesn't have the PSA seals COULD'VE BEEN damaged and the grade of the ball and/or signature deemed useless. Granted, not many people are trying to dent balls with their fingernails or drop them, but I am sure it happens. Why PSA won't perform the adjusting and resealing? Don't know. I was told it is not a service they provide anymore.

So, any ball you now purchase or have graded and the signature is off-centered or out of position, you will be forced to break the seal forever to adjust it--forever damaging the resale value as prospective buyers can no longer be assured that the ball was not in some way affected. For me, it will mean considering an end to PSA/DNA graded ball submissions and purchases on EBAY as future resale value would be damaged if the ball moves in shipment.

Anyone else have the same issue?
"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.