Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1952 Red Man Willie Mays SGC 88 - should i try to get it into a PSA 8 holder?

I have a 1952 Red Man Tobacco Willie Mays SGC 88 card. I am going to auction it off....should I try to get it into a PSA 8 holder first? I know for some issues, it really matters...but other issues it doesn't. I don't know much about the Red Man issue though. Comments and opinions please.

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I don't think it matters as much for Red Man issues.

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what its worth, I have had no problems crossing over SGC into PSA holders and IMO I would want it in nothing other than a PSA holder.
  • Options
    The best way to get the card in a PSA 8 holder is to break it out and submit rather than using the crossover service. But you're looking at a $2,000 to $3,000 gamble, the difference between a PSA 7 and PSA 8.

Red Man SGC 88 cards have been bringing strong prices. In fact, I believe I know a buyer that would be interested in the card, and would prefer it remain in the SGC holder. Contact me if you want to show it to him.

rgold7000@aol.com

www.redmancards.com

• Options
    Thanks to everyone! I've decided to list it on ebay, where it now resides. Hopefully all turns out well.

Thanks