Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

December Grading specials...Announced yet ?

What would you guys like to see?
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    How about.....any sport.....any card.....any year.....$5.00 each
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>How about.....any sport.....any card.....any year.....$5.00 each >>

That would rule, but it'll never happen.

It would be nice even if they did an any sport, post-war, valued under $500 (or even less if it matters) for $5 or even $6 per card. I know some pre-war guys would like to see a special geared towards them too, in some cases the $12 special is about as it seems to get for them.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Just got off the phone with customer service.

Football & Hockey commons, 1960 - 1971 = $5 each.

Tickets = $12 each.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Yuck...Looks like I'll be sending in no subs for December then.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Me neither... that special stinks
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    yes, that blows..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Booooooooooooo
  • Options
    Yuck...Looks like I'll be sending in no subs for December then.

I figure that's the point. Even PSA employees appreciate a light workload during the holiday season. Hell, if they ever got my October sub back to me I'd even go so far as to suggest that they deserve the downtime after what was probably a very hectic year.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

i guess that is PSA'S way of saying they need a vacation during December
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Since it appears the special will include tickets, does anyone know if tickets with players pictures on them can be/ or currently are part of player Master sets?

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it is PSA's silent tribute to us hockey-loving Canucks.

By the way, is there an approximate definition of what consitutes a common? I have several hockey cards I would like to send in.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options

<< <i>Yuck...Looks like I'll be sending in no subs for December then.

I figure that's the point. Even PSA employees appreciate a light workload during the holiday season. Hell, if they ever got my October sub back to me I'd even go so far as to suggest that they deserve the downtime after what was probably a very hectic year. >>

Perhaps you're right, but in my observation, most publicly traded companies really push at the end of the year to get in as many sales dollars as possible on the books (at least the ones I've worked for). That special certainly doesn't seem to be one that will maximize final quarter revenue for the PSA division of CLCT. Fine and dandy...I'll sit on the stacks of stuff I have until the right special comes along.

Todd
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you need to do is cross out the baseball team name on the card and replace it with the equivalent football team name. image
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Just got off the phone with customer service.

Football & Hockey commons, 1960 - 1971 = $5 each.

Tickets = $12 each. >>

If this is true, then this is not good. I have a ton of cards I have been too busy to submit, and now I have a little time - but I won't be submitting them at standard pricing.

Football and hockey commons? Really?
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Well, I'll try my 60's sub I guess. I have about 30 cards to submit. I really hate the vague "Commons" stipulation... on the 50's special it killed me. Every card submitted was valued under $100 most under $50 and in Ex-NM condition, a third of that. But they were still returned to me.

I just checked the home page and it still has the November special listed.