Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

So, where are all the high end Registry coins for sale? It's been a week, and only 1 has shown up.

A few less than top pop moderns, and even a few 20th century coins have appeared for sale.

Only one true rarity has been posted.

If this is truly a necessary area for this forum to engage in, then where are all the posters who indicated "The Forum is dead" without the ability to sell high end coins here.

Either post your coins for sale, or think about about why, maybe, there are better places to go for selling, than a chat forum.
TahoeDale

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Only one? There are numerous for sale posts.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I've bought them all image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Russ......I have seen many "For sale" posts now....you don't consider modern moderns at a PF69DCAM as being registry quality or something?
    (modern moderns means things in the last 10-15 years)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    There have been many posts, either for sale, and for coins needed.

I didn't indicate that there had been no postings.

But there has not been any for truly rare high end, perhaps top pop, except the 2 (one more up today) posted by Oreville. BTW, great examples of rare coins

Manofcoins asked David Hall, in early November on the Q&A Forum, whether there was a chance that top pop rare coins might again be discussed (Buy/sell) on the Set Registry Forum. David answered that the site was going to allow posts again, with strict requirements.

While there is no way to limit the type of "Registry quality" coin, I was merely asking where the true rare coins were, and if any sellers planned to advertize their sale here.

No, I am not a modern or modern modern basher. I have nothing against these coins, and/or their avid collectors. I just hoped that there would be more classics, with old time rarity attached, be bought, sold and discussed.
    TahoeDale
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There have been many posts, either for sale, and for coins needed.

I didn't indicate that there had been no postings.

But there has not been any for truly rare high end, perhaps top pop, except the 2 (one more up today) posted by Oreville. >>

I hope you're not surprised. It's just like it was before.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find there's very few that will step up to the plate for a quality coin.It's either That's all I can afford,or
    wanting the coin 30% back.I have never sold a registry coin worth 3/5K on this board.
    Therfore off to auction they go.
    Ooops,I did sell one coin.A 16 FH SLQ.
    Al.