Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need help right away!!!!!

I just received an email stating I have upped my bid on a item in the Superior auction. I did not bid again after I was out bid. My max bid was entered very early in the auction and was topped a couple of days ago. Auction ends tomorrow. I thought this was a bogus email so I went on the auction site and saw that a new amount showed me as high bidder at $1500.00. My max was $1175.00 and that had been topped. I hope to reach Superior tomorrow and see who and how this bid happened.

The email came from auctions@superiorsports.com. I have Superiors catalog and their email address is info@superiorsports.com. What can I do to make sure I am not the high bidder? I love the Jim Brown RC, but that is way too high for my budget. Especially when they factor in the 15% premium. One more thing the phone # in the email does not match any in Superiors catalog. I live in Hawaii so the time factor is 2 hours behind west coast.image

Ed
email address: alohaet@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options

Have contacted Superior and they have canceled that bogus bid. I have deleted the picture and link to the auction I had in another post. A member here gave me some good advise as to how it was done. I made a mistake by posting a link to the auction after I had sign on to the auction, thus someone here used that link to put in a bogus bid for me. I guess I won't be doing that again. Thanks again to the board member who gave me some great advise.image

Ed

P.S. I did change my password at Superior to avoid anymore problems.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    in superiors last auction , my account got crossed with someone elses and at about 7 pm the last day all of a sudden I had a bunch of extra bids . i contacted them and they figured it out but it was pretty scary when I had all these items I did not bid on and the auction ended in 3 hours.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Well I think that if one of the board members used that link to bid something up using your info with Superior they should be bammed from here. That is a pretty crappy thing to do.

Stingray
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I think that if one of the board members used that link to bid something up using your info with Superior they should be bammed from here. That is a pretty crappy thing to do.

Stingray >>

definitely.. but it was probably some lurker that never posts.. that sucks, but glad you caught it, Ed..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Or it could've just been an accident. Glad it was all straightened out.
  • Options
    I made a mistake by posting a link to the auction after I had sign on to the auction, thus someone here used that link to put in a bogus bid for me.

I'm glad it worked out for you Ed. It could have been much worse. Let us know what that card finally goes for.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me about six months ago. I posted a link to an auction item while signed in. Anyone who followed the link then bid was a bid under my account. I think I threw up a little when I logged in and saw I was hi bidder on a bunch of older baseball to the tune of around 15K if I remember correctly.

If it was 15K in vintage hockey that would have been fine! image

I'm glad your situation was straightened out quickly as was mine.

Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!
    Glad Superior understood and changed the bid.

Good luck in your search.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Wild, that is kind of scenario is always envisioning happening to me...

"You just won entire 1952 topps set, $100,000..."

Good catch and hope it was accident, not intentional

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Can't they see who actually did the bidding? ISP number? I remm when psahockey had the very same problem.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options

I asked that question and was told no they can't. But you have to remember that I was signed on and that is how the bogus bid was made thru my stupity. My email address and ID and password were already linked into the auction. So the idea is never copy and paste a link you are signed into. I have learned my lesson even at the age of 61.image

Ed
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    That seems like some kind of problem on Superior's end as well. There should be better security than that. I don't think they would want to get into a situation where a bidder is claiming they didn't place the eventual winning bid.