Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Fair price for this Swiss Canton?

Graubunden 1825N 10 Batzen. In my Krause, XF is $425 and UNC is $750 (if I remember correctly). No clue if Krause is even in the ballpark.

Low mintage of 2,000 pieces.

What would be a fair price for the coin below (I love the rainbow toning).

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea how to answer your question, but if you like it, bid high and buy it.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Most high grade Swiss is grossly overvalued in Krause it seems. But with a surviving poplation of 600 or so, combined with high grade and choice toning, it's hard to say.

I would imagine that $425.00 is a fairly reasonable price for this item, but I don't see $500+ as out of the question.
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    For what it's worth, Graubunden is one of the toughest cantons to collect in my experience and the prices are always much more than I expect. Josh has his finger on the pulse on this more than I and I wouldn't be surprised at the $500+...
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    I'll bet it looks more like this

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's fan-freakin'-tastic looking.

Dunno if it's worth the pricetag, though. Maybe. Almost.

Put everything I know about Graubunden and its coinage into one pan on a balance scale, and put a grain of sand in the other pan, and guess which side the scale will tip to... image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    I got kicked in the Graubunden once... boy did that hurt!
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The seller charges $10. for 1st class shipping WITHOUT insurance? It will cost him 95c at most for postage.

I like the coin but wouldn't pay over $500 for it.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don