Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

70 Topps Basketball Collectors....Weighting help needed!

I wanted to get some opinions from some fellow collectors as I didn't feel it would be fair to submit this set for possible weight change without input from others on the registry. My personal opinion has been that this set has been grossly misrepresented in the way the individual cards are weighted for a looong time. According to the PSA guidelines, individual cards will get a higher weight due to scarcity and price. The way they have it set up now, a cards such as #4 leaders..which is one of the sp's and only has a pop of 9 in 8 or higher is equal to a populus common such as #64 Dick Snyder for example. $10 card opposed to a $200+ card. My feeling is that any of the sp's should garner at least a 1.5 an some such as the #4 leaders and #95 Cazzie Russell should possibly even be as high as a 5. Maravich is the true cornerstone of the set, but should it really be worth 10 with nearly 200 copies in 8 or higher?? Anyway, I just feel it is time for a change. PSA sent me an e-mail requesting my suggested weight changes and also prices...not sure if that is possible as several of the cards only come around once or twice a year...if then. Please send me an e-mail and i will forward on to you as it contains the form that needs filled out.

Promethius88@aol.com

Thanks! Tim
Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    Tim,

I have a 70 set registered and would be happy to fill out the form. I would be careful about weighting cards based on specifics pops though. They can change and it could throw off the set weighting in the future.

Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.