Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The greatest, Greatest Moments set

Greetings to all-
Just wanted to share with my collecting buddies my decision to retire my 1971 Topps Greatest Moments set. Over the past 11 years of collecting this set I have met many great collectors and friends. I thank each one of you for your help in building the greatest set, however my friend Steve Eberhardt has finally hit a number in which is too great to catch. My hat goes off to his will and determination to find the very best of the best in obtaining the cards to hit a solid 8.00. I have read over the past month on whose set should receive honors by PSA for the most incredible accomplishments and I have to let you know this should have been one of them. Not many people know how valuable and incredibly difficult this set is. Steve, your set deserves to be recognized as the true top set. Congratulations to you for your efforts.
I wanted to say a special thanks to Colt, Terwilliger, Denmark, my California buddy and Brian Drent for helping me achieve the set in a form that was unthinkable. Thank you Terwilliger for allowing me to pass Steve at the last second to win my fourth and final award.
To my pal Scott, good luck on your set. I know you will soon be up at the top.

Thanks again for all the fun. This is what collecting is all about.

Regards,
Shane
Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases

Comments

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    In other words, Shane just got some upgrades and will blow past Steve again soon!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    LOL
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Shane,

Today is a sad day.

I really hated to see my friend's set retired from the 1971 Topps Greatest Moments Registry. I really do appreciate your kind words but as we all know, the #1 Set is not on the Set Registry at this time.

Good luck on your newest pursuit and hope to see you back on the Greatest Moments Registry real soon.

Steve

• << <i>To my pal Scott, good luck on your set. I know you will soon be up at the top. >>

Thanks for the encouragement; the only thing I need is more money.

Lemme tell ya folks......... no one was as crazy for a set for a decade or more than Shane was for this mother.

Good luck on your next endeavor 1954!
  • dstudebadstudeba Posts: 215 ✭✭
    Good luck on your next set...I just hope it isn't one I am collecting! image
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Dan,
    I need to have some ideas on what sets to begin. Please email me your want list so I can figure this out. image

Thanks,
    Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    awesome set...who cares what the GPA is (although 8.0 is amazing)....don't sell it