Home Sports Talk
Options

Lions fans.....Steve Mariucci has been fired

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    yet Matt Millen gets a 5-year extension?

That team will continue to go NOWHERE as long as Millen is at the helm...I'd put him up there with Tice as the most inept people in the NFL at their respective jobs.

It's Mariucci's job that Millen continues to trot out garbage after garbage? Steve will find a job, and have no trouble winning where there is a competent front office.
  • Options

<< <i>yet Matt Millen gets a 5-year extension?

That team will continue to go NOWHERE as long as Millen is at the helm...I'd put him up there with Tice as the most inept people in the NFL at their respective jobs.

It's Mariucci's job that Millen continues to trot out garbage after garbage? Steve will find a job, and have no trouble winning where there is a competent front office. >>

Agreed with your points, but as with most other things in life, those at the top usually go after those below them.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options

<< <i>yet Matt Millen gets a 5-year extension?

It's Mariucci's job that Millen continues to trot out garbage after garbage? Steve will find a job, and have no trouble winning where there is a competent front office. >>

You are right there. Millen is the big doofus who should be fired. He must have pics of the team owner with his misstress!!
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    MIllen will be gone the day after there season ends.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that Mooch or anyone would do better in Detroit if they would just give up on drafting offensive weapons and maybe draft or pursue some freakin offensive lineman that can block.

LOL Mike Tice is definatley inept at his current position maybe more so than Millen.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Well, I bet Harrington is happy, he never had Mooch's support. He will start without the contraversy, Millen is infatuated with Harrington. Why I do not know, how many years does someone have "potential" before they are let go?

Stingray
  • Options
    Anybody who has watched this team regularly or follows them through the press knows that Mooch has been a lousy coach. Light practices & terrible play calling are 2 major reasons this team fails to translate talent into wins. The practices are almost a walk-through, and many of the young players have a hard time adjusting to game speed on Sundays. They also always have a ton of injuries every year, and I believe some of that can also be attributed to the light practices and not preparing their bodies for the punishment of a real game. As for the play calling, they fail to run the ball with any regularity. Everyone knows their QB's are struggling, so why not run a little more? Jones had a super season last year, but he's only getting around 12 carries a game this season which is pathetic. In their last game, Kevin Jones had 4 carries for 32 yards, Bryson had 6 for 26 and Pinner had 2 for 12... Those guys were averaging nearly 6 yards a carry, but they only ran the ball 12 times. Granted, they were down early but they always abandon the run ASAP. The Lions play calling is generally pass on first, run on second and pass on third (and yes, punt on fourth if they haven't already turned the ball over). If your QB is struggling, one needs to consider running the ball much more on first down to relieve the pressure the QB will have on third down.

Sadly, I was as happy as anyone to hear Mooch was coming and now I am as happy as anyone to see him going... Detroit needs a tough coach to get these guys in line and ready for games. Millen is a fool, but nobody hurts this team worse than the Fords. I've heard they are great people, but they obviously suck at hiring people to make this team go. Further, they take forever to fire these same idiots.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    One big problem is the Fords have such a financial investment in the team and stadium (which was mostly paid by the Fords), that I do not know if they really care about winning, as long as the fans keep showing up. I hear all the time on the Detroit sports radio shows, fans calling in saying that we should just boycott the Lions. That is not going to happen, maybe if it hurt the Fords a little more in the pocket book, they would do something about it. We just have way to much young talent on this team and not enough veterans.

Stingray
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Mooch was fired in SF after a 10-6 season in which they went to the playoffs.

He will get a job somewhere else, and be successful. The Lions aren't succeeding because he was a soft coach, they aren't succeeding because (a) harrington is not an NFL QB, and (b) Millen and Co. have no clue how to put a team together.