Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What would this 71 OPC Garvey Grade @PSA?

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    doubt it is trimmed but also doubt it would be a straight 7. the print line is just way to heavy. still a nice card that probably has a great look in the sgc holder
  • Options
    What's that giant stain looking thing that runs down the right side starting at his elbow?
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Overall, not a bad card. But I, too, would like to know what that line is?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    looks like wax.

easily removed and may get an 8!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    That line, if possible to remove, looks like it has would leave some type of damage to the photograph part of the card, IMO.

Stingray
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    oops. seller states printing line.
    No removal of that. Still should be a solid 7.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Corners look strong. I would think 8 PD or straight 7. That massive print line really detracts IMO.
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    On another note, how many children did Steve Garvey father?

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    I actually just spent a few minutes chatting with Garvey last month at a charity dinner in NYC.

Nice enough guy - but yes, he did have a wife (Cindy) and a fiancee and a girlfriend at the same time......And yes, I think he did father 4 or 5 children. Some would criticize this, but you gotta admit, give the guy credit for his longevity, and games streak. Heck of a player.
    steve
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

MAN---could you imagine Garvey on steroids with those popeye forearms?? Holy Cow!!! He would have been cracking those into the gas staion behind left centerimage
  • Options
    wanna make 20 bucks? find me the garvey tshirt from the 80s that says NOT MY PADRE
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On another note, how many children did Steve Garvey father?

Eyebone >>

Old joke:

Steve Garvey, Wade Boggs, and Pete Rose are sitting at a bar. A hot chick walks by and Boggs says "I wanna sleep with her". Garvey leans over with a smirk and says "She's having my baby". Rose smiles and non-chalantly says "Wanna bet?".
  • Options
    blue227blue227 Posts: 185 ✭✭
    The print defect on the Garvey '71 OPC card is pretty common. Of the 4 copies of the card that i have, 3 of them have the line. It fades above his elbow but tends to start up again by the "e" in base and into the "S" in Dodgers. There are two different aspects to the print defect with the less obvious being the thin light blue line that runs up to his knee.