Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Getting back into the trade

ive got out of card collecting when i went to high school for paintball about 3yrs ago and am getting back in and wanted to know what has changed in the bball and football world demand wise. also how much of the book value should i sell and buy for. any helps is great

ps. does anyone remember me???

rookies and autos of stars and minor stars in football and basketball,and also carolina players who have gone onto have decent careers

Comments

• I remember you tarheels . I am just signing on today for the first time right now since about 4 years ago .. do you know if crum is still around ? maybe we can do a trade . I am a little lost in the card world right now myself , sorry i am no help to you.
    SCOTT
    REFERENCES- TOPOFOHIO, NASH, JRCCRUM, littlecrum, LACHU91, HAILIGUY, MIK, PENGUIN, GIANT, MAGAZINEMAN, GOYANKS, CARDNYOU, FRIEDEL, DREWDOG, 49ERFAN33, MONKAPOP, NATANCHAMP, DSCALLON, COACHVINNY
  • Welcome back Tarheels

I would say that modern cards, overall, have decreased in value, esp. the game-used cards....market saturation.

Autographed inserts of deceased players go for book value or more, but other players are close to 1/2 to 3/4 book value.

Any vintage that was released in series form, ie baseball 1973 and previous goes for SMR or better (usually), but there is quite a bit of high-quality graded material from the 70's and 80's out there.

Honestly, I would browse around for a few months, make notes of what you want, and what you'd pay, and I think you'll be very surprised at how inexpensive you can pickup cards for.

Ebay is the only game in town for auctions, although Yahoo and Bidville do well also.

All the above are my opinion only - good luck! ---- Collect what you like!

Dal
  • thanx for the help. My idea was to try to get stuff of ebay for around 1/3 the price only thing is im 18 so i dont have a credit card and cant do paypal so transactions will takeforever. Scott i remember you to; give me bout a month to put a few hundred into my collection and ill be happy to trade w/ you . Remember my collection is back from when i was in 7th-9th grade when i was broke. and as far as crum i remember he used to drop $1000's a month on crap it's be a shame if he was gone but i thought he owned a hobby shop , so i doubt hes out.
    rookies and autos of stars and minor stars in football and basketball,and also carolina players who have gone onto have decent careers
  • A month sounds good that will give me a chance to catch up on the card world myself.
    REFERENCES- TOPOFOHIO, NASH, JRCCRUM, littlecrum, LACHU91, HAILIGUY, MIK, PENGUIN, GIANT, MAGAZINEMAN, GOYANKS, CARDNYOU, FRIEDEL, DREWDOG, 49ERFAN33, MONKAPOP, NATANCHAMP, DSCALLON, COACHVINNY