Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Pics and Ebay

I'm putting my 52 Bowman Mantle on Ebay however when I preview my listing the pictures of the card look like crap, will they look exactly as they do in the preview when listed? I took digital photos of the card and then saved them as GIF images so that they are less than the 2 meg Ebay requires. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    If you want send me your email address and I'll reformat your pix as .jpg at a reasonable file size - they look fine in your post. By the way, if you want to do it yourself there is a great little shareware program I find very useful for editing and resizing pictures for eBay.

ImageWalker Home Page

Good luck with your auction. Nice card.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wasy
    wouldn't it do better if it were graded due to the value?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike,
    I just assumed that the card would grade a 1 or 2 and therefore wasn't worth grading. Now you've got me rethinking that.

Alan
  • Options
    pomobileclkpomobileclk Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    I would grade it before Ebaying. Grading it would remove bidders doubts as to its authenticity and you'll get more money.
  • Options
    What mobile said. Rember that PSA isn't just a grading company; they are also and authentication service. A PSA 1 example of that card should fetch more money than a (potentially fake) raw one.
  • Options
    unless there are creases that can't be seen in the photo it may be a psa 3.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I've got to agree; it may very well be a 3. I would definitely recommend having it graded - it shouldn't be on ebay without authentication.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    No creases, the card still has a nice gloss to it. You guys have also convinced me to have it graded and I'm nowing having second thoughts about selling it.

Thanks for the input!

Alan