Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Closed Sets but with pictures

While looking at several type sets, I was struck by the number of sets that were closed. While I won't debate the reasons for such actions, it would be great if pictures could be posted of the coins in these sets with no reference to the grade. This would not reveal information if the set is complete. If the set is incomplete then perhaps a limited number of coins could be shown so as not to reveal the missing coins or possible upgrades in the works.

IMHO

Dan
The glass is half full!

Comments

• My humble and bitter opinion RE: your topic...... I think with the modern type sets (particularly the proofs, i like to collect those) the reason why a lot of the people at the top of the registry close their sets is because they dont want people to know how many lame, high population, el-cheapo coins they have in their sets. After all there was a population explosion of 2004 and 2005 pr70dcams. Even though I do enjoy collecting moderns (a lot of people dont respect modern collectors in this message board) at least I get the lowest pop, best quality stuff I can find.

My response may or may not have added to your discussion. sorry. Just venting.

Michelle
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry you can't have both worlds. If the set is closed it could be for several reasons. I just closed one of my sets because I did not like the quality of the pictures I had up. Right now alot of us are waiting to seee if they make it easier to post pictures.